Chapter Ten

A/N: CHAPTER TEEENNNNN!

How has everyone beeeen?! Hope you have all been great! Here is the next chapter for you alllll.

Please comment below and give me your thoughts on the new version or what you are thinking! I would love to hear from everybody!!!

Chapter Ten:

The first thing I heard was the faint ticking of the clock. Followed by that was another small noise I could not quite decipher. But with my eyes closed, tongue glued to the roof of my mouth, I nestled my head further into the warm object beneath me trying to block the bright light that shone on my face.

Faintly, the rumbling of chatter and running of people in the hallway vibrated through the room but it was only a distant thought. Continuing to further lean onto the moving thing before me. I was so exhausted.

Suddenly, something shifted beneath my head and my eyes sprung open in shock. My vision cleared and I found that I was faced with the chest of somebody, and it only took me a moment longer to realise who it was.

Carter.

Eyes wide, I sprung up from my position and all but fell off the bed, now face to face with the culprit himself. He opened his eyes slowly as he looked around for a moment disgruntled. Frozen in shock, he slowly processed that half my body laid on him, my hands on his bare chest which I was quick to take off him. The turn of his head slightly and his bright eyes met mine.

"Morning, Blue," amusement glinted on his face.

I was almost embarrassed of the shriek of fright and surprise that left my mouth and jumped backwards off of the bed, tripping over a bucket behind me and landing on the thick carpeted floor.

A deep blush heated my face as Carter instantly let out a loud burst of laughter. Immediately, I diverted my eyes as he leaned on his side glancing off the bed. I wish I could just disappear instead of feeling his gaze burning a whole in the side of my head.

"You know, if you wanted to sleep with me all you had to do was ask."

My head whipped to his, embarrassment long gone as irritation creeped in. "I do not want to sleep with you!" I seethed, "I must have fallen asleep after I spent all night taking care of you!" I pushed myself off of the floor and turned rather angrily trying to swallow my embarrassment and looked for some new clothes.

"I was only joking." He said quietly behind me, almost sounding guilty when I ruffled through my bag.

After grabbing some clothes, I pushed my bag under my bed, the long sheets concealing it and turned back to him. His hair was still plastered to his forehead and I fought off a smile threatening to break free, his shirt still hanging, stuck to his forehead. He seemed to trail where my eyes were looking and when he reached a hand up touching the shirt he clutched it in his grip and chucked it into the bucket.

"Last night..." Carter began but trailed off meeting my eyes. We were silent just basking in each other's company.

Last night was rough, the sickness from the Bremeliar was horrific. Even though I felt better now after the pain and the fever from last night, my body felt weak. I could tell that Carter felt the same from his pale face, and the delicate way he swung his legs off the bed. So slowly, as if he was taking a lot of care.

I nodded my head knowing where he was getting at and began making my way to our door less door frame. Just when I was about to leave the room, stepping on the door, I heard Carter call out to me and turned slightly towards his direction.