Chapter Seven

A/N: CHAPTER SEVENNN!

I will be updating every two or three days! So there will be many regular updates!!!! Hope you are all enjoying the new version, if you are new, hope you are liking!!!!

Please comment below and give me your thoughts on the new version or what you are thinking! I would love to hear from everybody!!!

Chapter Seven:

Swinging my bag onto my back I winced at its heavy weight from filling multiple canteens to help keep Carter and I hydrated. I slammed my locker shut only to let out a loud curse, jumping when I saw a girl standing right behind the door so close to me.

"Sorry," she giggled, smiling for a moment before she hunched over and began coughing.

Quickly, I leaned downwards propping my hands on her delicate shoulders gently and helped, pulling her up. "You okay?"

She groaned, clutching her stomach and looked up to me with wide hazel green eyes, "Something is wrong with me."

I frowned, realising that she was experiencing the horrific effects of the Bremeliar. "The food was poisoned," I told her with a soft tone.

"What!" She explained with a look of shock before groaning in pain again.

With the sleeve of my shirt, I wiped with a soft touch to the sweat formulating on her forehead. I temporarily felt relieved after the cold shower and my sweating has calmed a bit before the storm would unleash upon me soon.

"Bremeliar," I helped her stand straighter and she leaned against the locker. She stood taller than me with long blonde hair tied messily in a bun, plastered to her from the sweat. However, there was no denying her beauty even whilst in this state. "Have a cold shower, rinse your face, try to keep cool and make sure to keep drinking fluids."

She seemed to struggle for a moment, giving me a quick short smile before grimacing. Her face paled. You could visually see her growing sick.

"Find your locker, there is a towel in there."

"Thank you," she whispered gratefully before heading towards the box behind me.

I smiled into the empty air where she just stood before leaving the bathroom. I could not help but the guilt that ate within me for leaving her by herself. But there was not much I could do at the same time. I felt slightly better at the moment but it was only a matter of time before I was back into the same state as before, but even worse.

And I preferred to enter that state back in my room where Carter was.

. . .

Keep your head down, I reminded myself as I walked quickly along the muddy trail. The hovering of the large trees around me terrified me as they left shadows in the ground before me. The path ahead was dark, and the path behind was still dark. There was no escaping this darkness that seemed to consume me.

I pulled at my cloak, holding it closer to me clutching the large jug of milk in my hands. My feet made sloshing noises in the mud before me, I tried treading carefully, but there was no use.

In the distance, I heard the sound of hooves pounding and what seemed to be the march of a thousand soldiers. But in reality, it was probably only a few of them. As other people from town passed me, I tried becoming one with the shadows, concealing myself so I was not seen.

The town was not far. I was only a few minutes off. I was sure of it.

I kept walking, speeding up my pace, passing the ghastly faces of a few men who walked together huddled in a small group. I did not like the way they stared after me and quickened my pace.