Chapter Seventeen- Goodbye Hazel Eyes

I'm dedicating this chapter to my best friend who has always supported me and my work no matter the quality or quantity. Couldn't ask for a better number one fan :')

Happy reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were still sitting on the kitchen floor when our drunk sulking was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Who’s that?” sniffled Mel.

“I called in backup.”

“Did they bring hot cheetos?” her glassy green eyes looked at me with childlike innocence.

“Oh yeah, babe. I’m on it,” and with that I heaved myself up, stumbled a bit from the tipsiness that kicked in from the liquor, and made my way towards the door. I yanked it open and smiled really really big at the sight of my three favorite guys waiting for me and Mel.

“Where is she?” Tommy demanded. It was a funny sight, seeing such a large person look so angry while holding a tub of ice cream with orange juice and hot cheetos. I let a giggle slip, courtesy of my bad decisions involving alcohol, and waved them all inside.

“Are you drunk?” Austin looked at me amusedly.

“A little,” I admitted. “Are we friends, again?” I asked somberly. I missed my calculus buddy and I wanted us to be back to normal. I saw his expression soften and he nodded with a grin.

“I wasn’t aware we weren’t,” he said. I smiled back at him and told him to set up a movie with his ‘big box’.

“I think the word you’re looking for is projector.”

I whipped my head around to see a teasing Neil shrugging his jacket off and I let out a sigh of relief that I hadn’t known I was holding.

It may have been from the liquid courage, or the fact that I just saw my bestfriend cry over an asshole and I needed some support, but I unashamedly walked up to the boy I was falling for and gave him a much needed hug.

I heard him sigh and murmur, “that bad, huh?” before silently holding me until I felt slightly more in control of my emotions.

“You should have let me kill him,” I said seriously.

“I know. At least I punched him for you,” he offered a small smile.

“Okay. I guess that’ll do for now,” I admitted.

“You punched him?” I saw Mel’s eyes open in shock as her and Tommy were sitting on the couch eating ice cream.

“Sure did,” Neil said nonchalantly.

“Did he cry?’

“Oh, like a baby,” Neil said reassuringly. Mel nodded in approval before she turned back to her ice cream and waited patiently for Austin to put on the movie.

“Hurry the hell up, Austin. My ice cream is melting faster than you’re working.”

I’m sorry. Did I say patiently?

“You know what? I don’t appreciate that tone, Melissa,” Austin snapped.

“Don’t yell at me,” she pointed her spoon threateningly.

“Don’t be rude,” he glared over his shoulder.

“What movie are we watching?” I asked while dragging Neil behind me. I plopped on the couch, sitting next to Mel as Neil squished in next to me.