chapter 14

"morning"

His sculpted body pressed up against the door, his v-line was the first thing to grab her attention, so sharp like he had been crafted by God himself. She couldn't control herself, her eyes trailing slowly up his body focusing on every detail as she'd never see it again like she needed to memorize this exact moment. Slanted lightly gripping onto the handle of his toothbrush staring down at what of her which wasn't covered by the sheets, noticing she pulled it closer to her chest squeezing the silk within her palms.

"Morning..."

expressing the lack of sleep placing her head in the crease of her neck to minimize noise.

"How did you sleep-"

"Where did you sleep?"

she hissed, immediately cutting him off. He didn't fall asleep in here, but she wondered what he could off got up to, I mean she didn't know what he was like after all, he felt like a stranger, still. But the gut feeling didn't warn her and that, that created a sense of some sort of trust.

"In the other bedroom love. Did you think I'd get a suite with only one bedroom so we could share it? I'm not like that-"

"Well, I don't know this is all new to me. Remember? I don't usually go on random vacations with strangers"

"Why do you keep saying strangers, I noticed you mention it last night and now? Is that how you think of me."

His tone sounded a little more serious now, like what I had said took him by surprise, as it offended him.

"Then what are we Harry? enemies?"

She placed to feet on the floor beside the bed raising herself out of the duvet moving closer to him with every word.

"Friends?"

Staring directly into his eyes it had become clear he was listening, very carefully. His body tensed with his breaths became visible, quite but not quite enough. Standing on the toes to somewhat reach his height, unsuccessfully but closer to him, placing her head beside his ear, as close to his face as she could get.

"Lovers?"

He hadn't broken eye contact yet, but her final words made him nervous looking down at her lips moving then returning to her eyes.

"Do you want me, Harry?"

Her voice had lowered, it had quickly resorted to whispering.

"Do you want me to show you what I can do to you? Show you what I can handle? Be your little bitch. I bet you would love that wouldn't you, having me all to yourself, gaining the ability to say I was all yours, that you were the one taking me home, that you are the one fucking me"

The blood drain from his face, and he knew exactly where it was going instead. Smirking, she knew the control she had.

"Yeah, I'm getting a shower"

And just like that, she disappeared out of the room.

(Recommend listening to Fix it to break it by Clinton Kane for this extract)

Being back on the plane home felt like a breath of fresh air, even though she hadn't been away for long she hadn't spoken to Sarah while she was away, it would be nice to catch up on things. The flight was as quiet as the first one, he wasn't talking, and neither was she. He was sat at the opposite of her smoking a cigarette and reading a book which didn't leave anything to the imagination, a black paperback cover with a printed image of what appeared to be a young couple painted in gold placed next to an hourglass running out of sand, titled 'Loving me wasn't easy, losing you wasn't hard. A romance? He didn't look like the type of guy who read, especially about love.