chapter 16

"breathing's okay, still conscious and he's on oxygen, his condition is stable,

he'll be fine Mrs Styles he just needs rest, and to focus on the road next time this could have been a lot worse."

"I know Thank you, Doctor. Will he be able to go home tonight?"

"yes if everything stays on track he will be perfectly fine to go home, but he shouldn't be being irresponsible on the road like this, this isn't the first time, and he shouldn't be driving home either"

no I won't let him drive, I'm be taking him home"

"good. If you want to go see him he's in room 106"

 If you want to go see him he's in room 106"

"Harry"

"spare me the lecture please"

"you're stupid"

"you're only just figuring that out huh?"

"the only way this is making sense to me is..were you drinking? are you drunk?"

clicking her fingers and waving her hands in front of his eyes.

"how many fingers am I holding up?"

"5 Gemma"

he moved her hand away.

I wasn't drinking I didn't touch anything I swear. I just lost my focus for a second that's all"

"yes well keep your eye on the fucking road next time, you could have died or even killed someone else"

"keyword could have"

"you need to understand that you got lucky, some people-"

"I get it."

"We don't have a big family harry, I can't just lose you I need you to be careful"

"just cause mum and dad got themselves killed doesn't mean I will. stop worrying."

he regretted his words as soon as he'd noticed how selfish he sounded.

she took out his phone from her bag and launched it at him before storming out of the room. He began to feel guilty, he began thinking about if it was the other way around if he had got the call that his sister was lying here, he would only blame himself.
——-
he looked at her name for a few seconds before placing the phone back down on the bed.
——
"hey"

nothing.

"silent treatment? nothing new there"

Gemma returned to his room, she had been waiting in the hallway since their argument. He realised after a nap she wasn't here.

"Are you gonna talk to me"

"gemma" 

he moved closer to her waving his hands in front of her face trying to irritate her as much as possible it usually worked.