Birthday Weekend

Friday... it dragged. I don't know what it was, but time was just so slow. Ran finished early since he only had 1 class... Unfortunately for me, I had 2. He did pick me up after class though, which was sweet. He was waiting outside with pocky and strawberry milk. He's so cute!

The ride to our destination is about a little over 2 hours, he asked where we were going, but I didn't give him a hint. He asked how much I had to pay for the weekend, I didn't tell him how much. It's his birthday present.

Lake Kawaguchi. I booked us a room that had a view of Mt. Fuji and a private hot tub. It's not as fancy as the villa, but I hope he'll like it...

"Lake Kawaguchi?" he asked.

"Yeah.. It's like a last minute thing and I didn't really know what to get you for your 20th birthday and I didn't really want to go somewhere far since AVC starts next week an-" I started talking but he cut me off byt kissing me.

"You're too cute" he said.

"But I.. I.."

"Just being with you is a present already, so don't worry" he said.

I punched his shoulder, not knowing how to reply to that. Butterflies in my tummy, heart beating fast.

We got to the hotel and checked in. It was a few minutes walk to the lake and there are some trails that we can take for hiking. I had to make sure that we're getting a room with a view of Mt. Fuji. The room was in the 7th floor and it was at the end of the hallway.

He opened the door and held it open for me. It was a little bit dark but the windows were wide open and the view was just fantastic. Full length window and all you can see are trees, the lake, and Mt. Fuji. There was a balcony and outside was a hot tub.

"It's so pretty!" I said, dropping my bag on the floor. I opened the door to the balcony and stayed there, admiring the view. It's getting chilly out since Summer is almost over. I felt him behind me.. he then hugged me from behind, his head resting on my right shoulder. "How did you even get a room here with this kind of view?" he asked.

"Lots of calls back and forth..."

"Is this what you were stressing about?"

"Mostly... I didn't want to tell you 'cause it's a surprise and you'll probably just say we can do some sort of day trip somewhere nearby.. and I just wanted to make this special since it's your 20th birthday"

"You don't have to do something like this.."

"Exactly my point why I didn't tell you"

I turned around, facing him.

"You have to get a haircut soon, your hair is getting long" I told him as I moved some his hair away from his face.

"Yeah, when we get back I'll get a hair cut"

"Also.. I'll be managing the PR team that's going to AVC.. so I'll be on the sidelines.. working"

"That's great! You'll be closer to me"

I smiled.

He then took his phone out and took a picture of us with Mt. Fuji in the background

"Posting it on Instagram?"

"On the private one"

We decided to get dinner at a local restaurant and walked around town, exploring. Nothing fancy, just us two together, enjoying a quiet place, relaxing before AVC.

"So, are you excited for that interview? It's going to be an online interview with a few kids"

"Oh, with kids? They'll be asking questions?" he asked.