CHAPTER 31

Looking at the woman standing beside me, I knew I was already in love with her, watching her panic in the elevator almost gave me an attack too, I wish she had told me.  She doesn't like the darkness, something must have happened to make her like this, something terrible. I wish I knew everything, so I could say a comforting word but all I could do right now is show her that I care. I knew she was tired because her face shows the strain of the past minute, wish I could feel her pain, drawing her closer I pull her into a hug, I sense her tense for some minute before she finally gave in, a slight tremor rake her body, and I knew she was crying, it tug at my heart, seeing her all vulnerable, my Muna was always strong, so stubborn, the incident did take a toll on her. Whispering softly with words to comfort her, I made sure she stopped crying completely. Im sorry baby but am here now and I promise as long as I am alive I will protect you.

  She was limping beside me, knowing she won't have much energy to climb the stairs, I carried her upstairs, I heard her gasp lightly, I guess I took her by surprise again, looking at the brown eye that was staring at me, she was so beautiful even like this in my hands, she was all mine and it made me happy.  When she couldn't hold her gaze any longer, she stopped staring at me, now staring at my chest. l knew I made her nervous and I also knew she felt something for me that was sure but I promised to open your heart completely, I will work toward that. Placing her on the bed, I kneel down to remove her shoe and jewelries.

" what are you doing, kadir, p..please, s.stand up , I will do it myself ."
" no I want you to relax okay, it's my job as a husband to help you, okay." heard her mumble a small okay, I remove her heels, jewelries, my blazer that was draped around her shoulder, her hijab and  the shawl she draped around her shoulder, I help loosen the knot on her  head,  meanwhile she was trying not to watch my whole movement, anytime I catch her staring  she avoid my eyes. I knew she was watching me trying to gauge her reaction I raised her gown up slowly, very slowly until it got to her knee and all the while my eyes were on her face. I knew she was holding her breath and she was looking very tense, I knew I wasn't such a jerk, I couldn't possibly take advantage of my wife when she was looking so vulnerable. I have her respect; love and I promise myself I will earn it. I knew she was surprised when I didn't do anything, I just placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. when I make love to you. I want you safe and coherent and that day will come soon I promise myself.

" go to sleep, okay, I will be back shortly." I need to smoke, I haven't done that for a while, munas presence made me stop it.  I knew she hated the smell of it.  But right now, I feel so frustrated and annoyed at myself.  I took her out on that date, it was meant to be perfect but it went wrong, God dammit, dragging on the cigarette, I crushed the remaining one. I needed to talk to someone right now. picking up My phone, I dial Adam number, it rang but I didn't get a reply. I was about to put down the receiver when it was picked up.

" salam alaikum, man."
" kadir, " rolling my eyes at the way he called my name, I knew, he would be wondering what is wrong " are you alright, did something happen." damn right it did.
" yeah something did happen.  My wife did." pulling my hair at how frustrated I am right now, I knew I had to let it out.

" your wife, what did she do." nothing, she did nothing and that is the problem.
" I think I am falling for her or if possibly I am already in love." now that I said it out loud it scares me.

" wow, that is a big one.  You kadir Altruiz, the one and only is in love with your wife, if not that I know you I could have said that is bullshit, but then you are kadir. You don't joke with something like this.  It is a good thing after all you are in love with your wife.  So why do you sound frustrated."
" maybe because, my wife doesn't feel the same way and I don't want my love to be one side." yeah, I want my love to be reciprocated, I want her to open up to me to tell me what is bothering her.