Travelling with Him

Saira's POV:

We reached at the airport and saw that most of the other cabs had already arrived only 2 were remaining. I opened the door and came out to see that everyone was busy checking their luggage and arranging them, so, I went to the trunk of the car and took out my trolley. I didn't have much luggage just a medium sized trolley and a leather backpack for my purse and some essentials which I would keep with me on the flight. I was walking towards the group and Nigel was also going there with his backpack. I don't understand how boys manage to travel with just a backpack. He then came up to me and asked if I needed any help. I declined politely and voiced my thoughts and asked him "How do you guys travel for so many days and go to vacations with just a single backpack? You know I'm just curious because you can see we are going to the same place for same number of days and I have a trolley and a backpack"

He chuckled and said "No comment". Eventually everyone arrived and we were heading inside the airport. Crystal, Nik, Nigel and me were walking together and we were talking to each other.

At some point, we went and took our boarding passes and since Nigel and me were standing one after the another, we got our seats together with Nik and behind us were Rehan, Crystal and Sana.

The elders got their seats near the front and we got the ones in back. Of course my mom started saying that I shouldn't sit there alone but after I convinced her that everyone would be there and that I didn't want to sit alone with the elders she finally agreed and as usual was going on with her lecture to my elder cousins to look after me as if I'm a 5 year old but still I know she loves me and is worried about me so I didn't mind.

We sat in the waiting area for 15 mins and then they announced that the boarding was starting.

After we were settled in out respective seats and of course Nigel being a gentleman didn't let me put my luggage and did that by himself. I got the window seat and Nigel was in the middle and beside us was his brother, Nik and behind us were Sana, Crystal and Rehan and beside us in the other side of the aisle were other cousins of us and finally our journey started.

I was having a tsunami of emotions. I was happy, excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I was staring out of the window and thinking how this vacation will go, will he like me, am I having a mere crush or is it something else, all those butterflies in my stomach, what if something goes wrong in the vacation and suddenly, he touched my hand and I was pulled out of my train of thoughts. I looked at him with a startled expression and he giggled that giggle that I swear literally melted my heart.

He said "Where are you lost Miss Overthinker?" I was stumbling with my words and he said "It's ok whatever you were thinking, let just put that aside and enjoy the ride. We don't know each other that well how about we ask questions to each other?"

I replied with a half laugh half smile and said "Of course we are not gonna play 20 questions, right?" he just gave me that big toothy grin of his which I couldn't say no to.

I said "Ok fine. You go first".

He said "Ok let's start with basics, mmm... yeah, what is your favourite colour?"

I gave him that 'seriously?' look and said "After thinking for 2 mins you came up with such a nice question. Anyway, my favourite colour is Black and Blue and White too, yeah, I know, I don't have a single favourite colour. What about you?"

He replied "That's fine even I also have more than one favourite colour. Mine are White, Blue and Grey."

I said, "nice! so next question please." He asked me about my hobbies and I told him that I Iove dancing and it's more than just a hobby, it's my passion. He told me about his hobbies which were Football and Rugby and that he also loves photography. Like that we got to know that we both like the Full English Breakfast a lot and he knows swimming and surfing. I told him that I always wanted to learn swimming so he told me he would teach me in Goa. We got to know each other and our likes and dislikes.

We decided to watch a movie on our seat attached mini tv. We settled on Pride and prejudice as I love that movie and he said that he loves it too. We were watching the movie; his brother was talking to us occasionally but most of the time he was listening to music by the time the movie ended we were about to land and I was feeling very sleepy. Halfway through the movie I was leaning on his shoulders and he wrapped his strong arm around mine. He said "You are very sleepy that I can understand from your face and we still have 20 mins to land so you just take a short nap."

I just nodded and closed my eyes. Suddenly the plane started jerking a lot and I got scared, his hold around me tightened and we were looking at each other and then at our cousins and the air hostess said "it's an air turbulence so please fasten your seatbelts" we did but the turbulence was getting worse and the lights of the emergency exits were glowing and me being the pessimistic girl I'm, all the negative thoughts started coming in my mind.

Nigel must had understood it so he said" Hey it's ok, everything is alright, don't think negative thoughts" I gave him a not so sure look and he just held me tightly and my mind and heart which were going crazy with all negative thoughts calmed down. I already faced this before also but still I got very scared. He didn't remove his hand until we landed safely.

I said a thank you to him and he asked me what for. I said" For holding me at that time. I really get very scared in small situations like this but you really calmed me down and helped a lot. I would've had a panic attack, if you weren't there to soothe me", he smiled and said" Always". I smiled too and we got out of the airport and we all were hell lot a tired specially after that turbulence thing and for it we got 20 mins delayed, yes, our plane was literally going round and round in the air because of the weather and everything.

Our resort was a 15 mins car ride from airport and we reached there and it was beautiful with swimming pools, garden, swings, lakes and some animals too. I loved the place and the best thing was the beach could be seen from our rooms. We youngsters got inter connected rooms with big beds and bathrooms.

Crystal and me were sharing a bed while Nigel and Nik were sharing one and Sana and Rehan were sharing another, Divya and Akash were sharing another and Arman got one all to himself. We settled in our rooms, unpacked our bags and put our clothes in the respective wardrobes we got.

After this hectic journey, all I needed was a warm, soothing bath in that lavish bathtub and I went inside to have some time all to myself and relax...