Party Night

Saira's POV:

We came back to the resort after playing in the water for some more time. Our mothers asked us what we did and we told them about all the fun things that we did and showed them the pictures. They told us to go and freshen up and take some rest. We'd already had lunch outside so I just went ahead and changed into a pair of pyjama pants and a comfy spaghetti top.

In our room Sana and Crystal were gossiping together and checking their phones. Rehan, Arman and Nik were talking about sports games and whatnot, which I definitely didn't understand so I went to the other room and saw Akash and Divya were sleeping while Nigel was lying on his stomach and watching something on his laptop. He was shirtless so his beautifully tanned back was on display, which made me blush a little.

I entered the room quietly in order to not wake the siblings up and planned to scare Nigel so I went towards his headboard as his head was towards the tail of the bed. I was about to scare him but as if he could feel me standing behind him, he held my hands and pulled me and I ended up falling on him. I was shocked as I'd thought of scaring him but he was the one who took me by surprise instead.

He asked "Thought you could scare me by tip toeing into my room"

I kinda felt embarrassed and tried to say something but couldn't think of anything. He smirked and said "It's ok, I appreciate your efforts".

I was painfully aware of his bare abs and smooth skin under my fingers. His eyes went to my hands on his chest, making me abruptly push away from him and land beside him on bed.

I rolled my eyes and said "You know what, you're annoying". He laughed quietly and said "Aww but you still like me ... and that's why you're here right now" I froze listening to his words and thought to myself 'What the hell? He knows I like him...' I was pulled out of my thoughts when he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and said "But I really don't mind spending time with you, I actually like your company" and smiled genuinely.

I blushed and said "Thanks, I guess". I asked him what he was doing and he told that he was watching a movie and asked me if I wanted to join. I nodded, lying on my stomach beside him. Turns out that it was actually a nice romantic comedy. The intimate scenes in the movie kind of made things a bit awkward since we were watching together.

Hours passed and we barely even noticed. Soon Crystal came in hollering at us "Get up lovebirds... time to get ready for Sana's party... oh and wake those two as well... I'm gonna take a shower in the meantime..." saying she walked into the bathroom like she owned the place.

I was still reeling from the fact that my sister had the nerve to call us lovebirds, but looking up at Nigel's goofy smile, I don't think he minded.

We got all dressed up for the party and went to the party venue while Crystal went to get Sana. The lights were out and we were all hiding in our positions. Right when we saw their silhouettes at the entrance, someone turned on the lights and we all yelled "Surprise!"

As cliché as it was, Sana was delighted which made us happy. As her initial shock wore off, the party started in full swing. The music was cranked up and lights were dimmed and all of us were dancing to our heart's content.

I was dancing like there was no tomorrow with Sana and Divya. I was pretty sure Crystal was hiding somewhere to protect herself from being asked to dance. I swear my sister had a phobia when it came to dancing. At some point Sana and Divya were dancing with others so I was left dancing alone which I didn't really mind.

Suddenly I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist from behind, making me gasp. Turning my head, I found my face inches away from Nigel's.

Wordlessly we swayed for some time in that position. As the next song began, I turned to face him, placing one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hand.

It was one of my favourite songs and the lyrics just fit in so perfectly with the moment.

When the singer sang "One step closer...."

Cheekily, Nigel pulled me closer, smirking at my blushing self.

As the song ended, he brought his lips to my ears, making me shiver and said. "Do you wanna go somewhere quiet?"

Unable to speak, I nodded. Gently he led me by my hand to find a place. The party venue was a maze. Parts of it were open to the view of the sea while the other parts had walls and enclosures covered in pretty curtains. Spotting an exit towards a garden which was also hidden behind a curtain I nudged him towards it. Although as we pulled back the curtain what we saw left our jaw hanging.

There stood Crystal, making out with a guy who had her pinned against a wall.

"Crys?" I called incredulously.

Her eyes shot open and she pushed him away. Getting a good look at the guy I realised that he was the one she'd gone parasailing with.

"Don't tell anyone...!" She yelled at me, trying to fix her dress.

"My eyes hurt! I'm scarred for life..." I exclaimed, walking away from them.

Nigel chuckled at my reaction as he followed me towards the beach this time.

"Damn and I thought she was shy, all this time..." Nigel mused.

"Yeah anybody who doesn't know her will say exactly that... you know she's always the one who comes up with stupid plans and somehow Sana and I always end up getting in trouble because of her..." I scowled.

"You know you look like a cute bunny when you're mad..." he remarked, pulling my cheeks. I batted his hands away, trying to control my blush.

"So, I really wanted to talk to you about something..." he said nervously.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked.

"Well I... I hope you'll take this well... I mean if I haven't been reading things entirely wrong... I would like to think that you feel the same too..." he rambled.

"Just say it already will you... you're making me nervous now..." I said impatiently.

Taking a breath, he looked into my eyes and finally said the words that I'd been yearning to hear for so long.

"I think I'm falling for you Saira..."