Awkward Moments

Saira's POV:

I was finally enjoying some alone time in the bathtub. I didn't really know what my cousins were up to, or even my own sister for that matter.

I know for a fact though that Nigel was out with some of the others, getting some drinks. I sighed, thinking about him. He was just as dreamy in person, if not more.

Here I was smiling like a dork, soaking in my tub, covered from head to toe in bubbles. When all of a sudden, the door to my bathroom bursts open.

I jerked my head towards the bathroom door to see the sudden intrusion and to say that i was shocked would be an understatement to describe my condition at that point because there stood Nigel in only his trousers, shirtless with messy hair and I felt he was a bit tipsy.

A startled gasp escaped my lips and he gasped at the same moment. We had an eye lock and his gaze was burning holes in my whole body although I was covered in bubbles from head to toe. Soon enough he realized what was happening and his face became red and he was stumbling over his words and said" I uhm so sorr... uhm I am so sorry" and he literally ran out of the room after closing the bathroom door.

I was still in a complete state of shock and was trying to possess what just happened. After I realized that Nigel literally saw me in a bathtub and not to mention that gaze and that eye lock.

'ughh Saira how can you be so careless; you didn't even lock the door. Shitt shittt' I cursed at myself and came out of the tub and wrapped a towel around me.

I peeped from behind the door to see if anyone was in the room and thankfully no one was. I locked the doors at first to the connected rooms and changed into a pair of trousers and a three-quarter comfortable top as it was quite cold outside.

I came out of the room and saw that everyone was gossiping in the dining room. I walked towards them and my eyes searched for a particular person, Nigel.

Finally, I spotted him sitting on one chair in the corner which was very unlike him as he was an extrovert. I just hoped that nothing would change between us and he won't feel awkward around me.

I reached there and said "hey guys!" They asked me where I was. I told them that I was taking a bath. They asked me to join them for dinner, I could feel Nigel's constant stare at me.

I walked and sat beside him. I looked at him and said a hi and smiled. He smiled and said hi and an awkward silence ensued. Even at our first meet, we didn't have an awkwardness between us so I kinda felt bad.

We completed our dinner silently while everyone was talking. Whenever our eyes met, we just smiled awkwardly at each other.

I excused myself and went to the garden and sat on the swing thinking how did everything get so messed up suddenly. Will he feel awkward around me from now on, will I lose him and the little friendship which grew in a day.

Suddenly I heard someone clearing their throat and I looked around and saw he was walking towards me. He asked me if he could sit on the swing too in which I replied sure.

He said" First of all sorry for what happened back there, I was a bit tipsy and didn't realize it was your room. After that we both are a bit awkward around each other so I hope you didn't mind"

I felt relieved that he came and talked to me. I replied" No, actually it's my fault too, I should've locked the door. It's alright let's just forget it and be normal like we were"

He sighed and said "Thank god, I was thinking you will feel uncomfortable around me. So, how are you feeling now, you were so tired after the journey?"

I smiled and replied "Yeah I'm feeling good now after taking the bath. What about you, all good?" He smiled and said absolutely.

He then said "You know tomorrow morning after breakfast we will be going to the sea. I'm so excited. It's been a long time since I've been to sea where I could take a bath because you know how England's weather is."

I smiled and said "Yeah I'm looking forward to it too because the last time I went on a nice vacation to a sea, it was Pattaya. You know in West Bengal; the beach is nice but the people there are not so nice. We can't wear short dresses or even sleeveless much because the way people will look at you will make you feel super uncomfortable." And I gave him a 'you know' look smile.

He just shook his head and said "I know, I've heard about it but don't worry you can wear whatever you want here and nobody will say anything to any of you, I assure you. I won't let anyone make you feel uncomfortable" he wrapped his arm around mine and I leaned on his shoulder. I think this became my new favorite thing, to be in his arms and lean on his shoulder. This gave me a feeling of warmth and safety and all those awkward moments we had a few hours ago just vanished.

We stayed like that for some more time and I looked at the moon and mouthed a 'thank you' because the moon and I always had a special bond. I just hoped that we stayed like this forever and was really looking forward to tomorrow.