Moments

Saira's POV:

I came out of the shower, dressed up and went for lunch. I was so hungry that it slipped out of my mind that Nigel asked me to wait for him before lunch. There was a wide spread of dishes on the table when I reached. I was very hungry so I sat down quickly and inhaled the tasty aroma. Nigel came and sat beside me and said "Very hungry huh?" I filled my mouth with rice and nodded. He smiled and started devouring the food as well.

We completed our lunch and went to the room and settled under the blankets. He asked me if I wanted to watch a movie or not. I declined politely and said what it was that he wanted to tell me and sorry that I forgot he asked me to wait for him.

He said "It's ok. You know what, never mind, it wasn't anything important anyway. Just leave it". I narrowed my eyes but didn't push any further. We changed the subject and I said "How about we sleep and we can listen to music because I'm hell lot a tired after playing in the water."

"Sure sweetheart..." he said, making me blush profusely.

He gave me one of the ear-pods while he used another. Shyly I accepted and laid by him. The sudden proximity got my heart racing and I blatantly stared at his face. His eyes were closed as he listened to the song that was currently playing. His biceps flexed as he rested his head on his folded hand. He looked so at peace in this moment. My hands itched to reach over and trace his face but I refrained.

Somewhere around the second song, his breathing evened out, letting me know that he'd fallen asleep. He looked so beautifully innocent that it tugged at my heartstrings madly.

A smile graced my face involuntarily. A few strands of his hair had fallen on his forehead, making him look even more adorable. Unable to stop myself, I reached out cautiously to caress his hair. It felt so soft against my hand that I could play with it forever.

I let out a silent gasp when he leaned his head closer to my touch and pulled me closer by my waist.

My heart thudded against my chest as I stayed flush against his hard chest. His warmth spread fire through me as I started feeling things that I'd never felt before.

I worked on schooling my nerves and let myself relish in this moment. At some point he hid his face in my hair, literally breathing down my neck. Jolts of shiver went through me as his breath teased my neck.

As much as I loved the feeling, I knew that it wouldn't bode well if anyone caught us like this. While we knew that it was innocent, it would look quite compromising to someone else. Not wanting him to face that blame which he obviously didn't deserve, I tried to unwrap his arm from around me without waking him up.

Only he just ended up pulling me closer. Realising that I had no other choice than to wake him, I hovered over him and tried to shake him awake. It took me a while but his eyes finally cracked open.

He laid dazed and confused for a second, looking down at me, then a moment later he realised my predicament.

"Sorry..." he said softly as he released his hold on me.

Blushing I sat up as he rubbed his neck embarrassed.

"I'll go see if my sister needs anything... um... see you later..." I said, dashing out of the room.

I giggled to myself as I closed the door behind me and stood against it.

Definitely the best holiday ever... I thought to myself.

I went to find my sister and she said that we will have a small bonfire today and we became very excited and went to our room and Nigel wasn't there thankfully, probably he went to his own room to change.