Chapter Seventeen - Early

I walked out of my room to wake Issy, but she was waiting with Minho at my door, giggling like schoolgirls. "This is going to be good!" Issy excalimed. "Too bad we don't have cameras in the Glade!" Minho laughed. "C'mon guys, let's go!" We walked to the Homestead, barely holding in our chuckles. When we got there, Gally hadn't come yet. But, the second we took our seats, he came storming in. "Who put frogs in my room?" He roared. Everyone cracked up laughing when they heard his exclamation and saw his clothes. This made Gally even more agitated. "Why are you guys laughing?" He was fuming.

"Look in the mirror!" Someone shouted at him. "Why?" Gally shouted. He stomped over to Minho. "I know you carry a mirror, give it up." He growled. Smirking, Minho gave it to him. Gally went red in the face when he saw his appearance, from anger or embarrasment I couldn't tell. "Oh, and on the back!" Someone hollered. Gally twisted around to see the back of his shirt. "Sparkles?!" He yelled. Minho, Issy and I couldn't hold it in anymore. We all laughed so hard tears were streaming down our faces.

An alarm split through the air, so loud and piercing we had to cover our ears. "What is that?" I shouted over the noise. "The Box alarm! It means a Greenie is coming!" Newt shouted over the noise. "Shouldn't it be every month?" I called back to him. He shrugged in response, then grabbed my hand as we exited the hall with all the other dispersing Gladers. Everyone gathered around the Box, ready to see the new Greenie, all wondering if it would be another girl.

The crowd parted as Newt, Minho, Issy and I opened the Box. We all jumped inside, curious as to whether it would be another girl or not. We all peered into the Greenie's face. A boy. He had blonde hair that looked bleached and blue eyes. He looked like klunk. "That's one ugly girl." Minho stated. Issy gave him a look that said Don't scare the Greenie and he shrugged in response. "What's your name? Do you remember?" Newt said kindly. "M-Miller." The boy stuttered. The four standing shared a look. He remembers his name already. And he's early. What's going on?

Minho grabbed the Greenie's hand, yanking him upright. Surprised, the Greenie stumbled, and nearly fell back down. "C'mon, Greenie, you got a lot to learn." I said as I hopped nimbly out of the Box, Issy on my heels. I adjusted my glasses, and leaned down to give Newt my hand. He took it, using my help to swing himself out of the Box. I saw him flinch as he landed heavily on his injured foot. I put a hand on his shoulder. "You okay?" I mouthed. He nodded, then we both turned back to the Greenie, who was struggling to get out of the Box.

We all covered up our laughs as the Greenie faceplanted into the ground with a grunt. "Congrats to the Greenie, he just got engaged to the ground." I heard Issy whisper to Minho, who burst in a fit of muffled giggles. With another grunt, the Greenie stood up, wobbling a bit. With a cry, he stumbled and fell straight into Gally's chest. Everyone laughed then, except for Gally. The Greenie went bright red, then stepped back. "S-sorry." He stuttered. "Alby better watch out, looks like someone's got eyes for his gal." I whispered to Issy, who repeated the phrase to Minho. We all laughed as we watched Chuck lead the Greenie - who was still red in the face - away for the Tour.

"Hey," Minho greeted Ben, who came trotting over. "Hey, Minho. Alby just told me to come and tell you that we should go and run today." Minho looked horrified. "Why?" He said in a fake whine. "Drama queen much." Issy smirked. "Because the Greenie has come early, so Alby wants us to go and see if there are any changes in the Maze." Minho sighed. "So much for a day off," he turned to Issy. "Do you think you can survive without me?" He said in a fake sincere voice. Issy rolled her eyes. "I have had more time with you today then any other. Plus, I bet I could survive a whole night in the Maze without my drama queen there to save me." She flicked her hair. Minho rolled his eyes. "Bye, Issy." I cleared my throat. "Um, I'm here too." Minho put his hands on my shoulders. "Good luck surviving without me." He said before turning and following Ben away. "You'll be the one who won't survive without me!" Issy called after him as we watched him run towards the open Maze Doors.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:
This was kind of an informal filler chapter, sorry. There should be a lot more action in the next chapters, promise! Also, go and check out my page to see my other books and follow me! Also, if anyone has a cover for this book or another of mine, just dm me!
Please vote and comment (: