Chapter Twenty Four - Goodbyes

We were ready. The Gladers were all Gathered at the Doors, waiting for them to open. I had my hand wrapped around Newt's. Me and Newt brought up the front of the line, Issy and Thomas at the back. All you could hear was the buzzing of excited chatter from the Gladers, and the rustle as packs were shifted. The anticipation and worry was in the air.

"Amy," a voice behind me said. I whipped around to find Frypan. "Hey, Fry." I greeted him. "You sure about this?" He gestured to the Doors, which had started rumbling open. "No, not really." I replied. He sighed. "Great." I looked up at him. His eyes were dark. He was concerned, and I didn't blame him. "But," I said before he could walk away. "I trust Newt. And his decisions." I looked at him, who was yelling orders to Gally and the Builders to hand out the weapons. "Will you walk with us at the front?" Frypan shrugged. "Sure."

"Alright, come on!" I heard Newt's British voice yell out. I shrugged my pack further up my back and started walking. Right before I stepped over the border into the Maze I turned to the Glade and mentally said my final goodbyes. Goodbye to the Glade. Goodbye to Minho. The thought of him brought tears to my eyes. I missed his sass. Never thought I would, but I did. Then I realised I was doing this for him. And I stepped over the border.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:
I am really sorry for the length of this chapter. If it was any longer it would be just boring. And an emotional ending never hurt anyone, right?
Merry Christmas all!
AvoKitty3