Eleven

Greyson could see clear as day how uncomfortable Briar was with everything happening. It wasn't as if he intended to run into her. Hell, all he could think about was what were the odds? He watched as Briar and Ada exchanged pleasantries, and he felt awful for a moment before his mind drifted off to thoughts his mother would beat him for. Briar's eyes seemed to almost have a mind of their own as she openly looked at his mouth. He had to fight the smile that tore at the corners of his lips. She wanted to kiss him as badly as he wanted to kiss her.

When Greyson had noticed Briar in the parking lot he immediately dipped out and went to find her. When he did, he wasn't exactly sure what to say at first. She seemed so lost within her thoughts, staring at the small painted piece. He couldn't stop his feet from moving to see what it was she was looking at, and his heart soared seeing it. At first, Greyson was sure their date was a total failure, she wouldn't ever want to go back out. What they had talked about was far from first date talk, yet he felt a weight lifted off his chest. Talking to her was more like confiding in an old friend. Myrick didn't even know how Greyson truly felt about his life, yet there he was spilling it all to a total stranger that made his heart beat crazy, but made his hands feel steady.

"Why don't you come have lunch with us?" Ada asked sweetly.

"Thank you, but I actually need to go find my little group, I'm sure-"

"Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, Greyson?" Cordelia almost shouted. Greyson could see Briar from the corner of his eye, purse her lips and close her eyes.

"Speak of the devil and they shall appear," she muttered and turned as they all looked to see Cordelia walking up with Eli and Jane-Anne. Eli was focused on a massive mound of ice cream, and his face was covered in chocolate. Greyson looked to see Briar giving them a disapproving look. Cordelia released Eli's hand and gave Greyson a hug.

"Mama, what are you-"

"I hug everyone, don't act like I don't," Cordelia said cutting off Briar who looked mortified. From behind them Ada cleared her throat and Greyson swung around; his mother was the one now giving a disapproving look.

"Oh, right, Mama, this is Cordelia, Briar's mother," Greyson quickly spoke as if he had known the woman longer than he actually had.

"Cordelia, this is my mother, Ada," Greyson introduced. Ada shoved Greyson out of the way as she stepped between Briar and him and stuck her hand out.

"Pleasure to meet you," Ada said sweetly. Almost genuinely, however, Greyson had a sneaking suspicion that he would get an earful later even though he hadn't done anything wrong. Cordelia swatted her hand away and held her arms out.

"I'm a hugger through and through. Pleasure's all mine. I just met your son, but he seems like a fine young man," Cordelia said politely back. Michelle snorted from behind him, Greyson shot her a look over his shoulder. They released each other.

"His mannerisms are questionable at times, but thank you," Ada remarked. Greyson now was feeling entirely too uncomfortable.

"I had just invited Briar to lunch, I hadn't realized she had a small group, would you all like to join as well?"

"Oh, we would love too!" Cordelia chimed before giving Briar a chance to even butt in. Cordelia and Ada soon began to walk away together talking up a storm like two old bitty's.

"I have a strong sense that those two being friend's might not end well for any of us," Jane-Anne spoke up.

"I second that," Michelle raised her hand, "they didn't even bother introducing us, I'm Michelle, this is Sophie. My husband and other idiot brother are roaming around here somewhere."