Fourteen

Briar didn't have to wake up the next morning, she had already been up all night feeling worthless. Why the hell had she gotten so mad? Something about having him sneak away caused a part of her to be afraid of the hell she's going to feel when he truly leaves her behind soon. The last week had been everything she could ever ask for. Parts of Briar were coming back to life every moment she spent with that giant forest eyed idiot. She couldn't stop thinking about him. It'd been so long since she felt this way with another person. He felt exciting, dangerous, and safe all at once. Kissing him was electrifying and did things to her that made her want even more. She wanted more but knew that eventually more would stop and she would be left alone once again. It was selfish to think that way, she had her mother, she had Eli, she had Jane-Anne (as annoying as she could be).  Briar was put together; she knew who she was even if she didn't know what she wanted to be one day. She did things she loved when she could and took care of her son always. Besides a few small things, life could be worse.

The day went quickly and when one o'clock rolled around, Briar packed her bag and started to get ready to go. When she finished, she walked down the hall to see her mother with Eli at the table reading. Cordelia looked up and shook her head.

"Dear, you need to wear something a little more moveable than that," she remarked.

"It's a dress? How moveable do I need to be?"

"Find your jeans, boots, and a nice shirt," her mother said and waved her hand to Briar. Briar groaned as she went back to her room and changed into her jeans and tried to decide between her blue button down and her black tank top. She had just decided on the tank when her door burst open. Briar immediately covered her topless self as a small squeal escaped her lips. Jane-Anne smiled deviously with one hand behind her back.

"Hello, seester. Wowza, breast feeding did wonders to your boobs! Still jealous," she remarked and made her way into Briar's room.

"Jane! Get the hell out!" Briar shouted. Jane waved her free hand and rolled her eyes.

"Please, we took baths together. Besides, I brought you a gift," she said as she pulled a tiny black long-sleeved top from around her back. Briar looked at it and then at Jane-Anne.

"Are you insane, my left tit wouldn't fit in that!" Briar hissed. Jane laughed.

"Just try it on, but hurry, we live in ten. I already have your bag!" she sung the last bit before she tossed Briar the top and disappeared. Briar shut the door and held up the tiny thing and groaned. She pulled it on and walked to the bathroom to adjust it. She tucked it in to her jeans and pulled the sleeves off her shoulders. One thing was true, her boobs did look phenomenal in the top. Briar fixed a few of the loose curls she made and sprayed her hair once more before she walked down the hall. Eli jumped up and ran to Briar, she bent down and hugged him tight.

"Now you call me for whatever you need, and mama will be there, okay baby? Even if it's just to say goodnight," Briar said as she kissed the side of his head.

"It's okay mama, I've got Nana, we're going to watch Indian Jones!" Eli said excitedly as he pulled away. Briar smiled sadly as she stood up and looked to Cordelia.

"Seriously, call me for anything, mama," Briar practically begged. Cordelia rolled her eyes and hugged her daughter quickly before she shoved her out the door.

"You go have fun and we will see you tomorrow sometime," Cordelia smiled and blew Briar a kiss. Briar nodded as she walked down the steps, making sure her phone was in her back pocket. She had packed her wallet in her bag, so she knew she was set with that. Briar looked back at Eli and her mother and waved.

"Will you get in? We're going to a bachelorette party, not going off to war here," Jane-Anne shouted from the driver's seat. Briar climbed in the back seat next to two other women. They were Jane's friends and her maid of honor, Carly, was in the passenger seat. The two of them had been best friends since elementary school and Briar had no doubt that one day, they would grow old and die together. There were five of them in this car and there was also a car with women behind them. When Jane-Anne did something, she went all out. Jane-Anne and Carly spun around and smiled.