Chapter 13: The Garden

A/N:

Hallah sorry guys hahaha! Tinamaan ng procrastination. XD At dahil diyan, quadruple update. Enjoy! <3

~~~~

It's only 11 o'clock in the morning.

Who's knocking at the door?

I decided to see who it was and lo and behold, it was a woman.

The woman is a sight to behold, with her hair in a neat low bun and her Delestria Uniform, she looked immaculate.

"Can I help you, ma'am?" Tanong ko.

"Pinapasabi po ni Angeliafóro Carlos na hindi po matutuloy ang hearing mamaya." Sabi niya.

Carlos? Ah. Yun siguro yung pangalan ng Angeliafóros na naghatid sa amin kanina.

So ibig sabihin madami pang Angeliafóros ang Delestria?

I'll keep that in mind.

"Why? I thought the members of the Delestria Court are punctual?" I insulted. She looked at me like I'm wasting her time.

"Not all the members of the Delestria are living here, Kýrie Volántes." She said.

I didn't reply.

"Feel free to roam the kástro, Kýrie Volántes." She said dismissively and left.

I closed the door again and decided to walk out the veranda again.

My, my. What a wonderful view I have.

Sinabi ko sa kaniya tawagin niya lang ako kapag kailangan niya ng tulong. Instead I see her down the garden, admiring the plants.

I'm impressed. Ang bilis gumaling ng sprain niya sa paa.

Naka simpleng white t-shirt lang siya at sweatpants. Hold up, is that my sweatpants? Paano napu- oh... Jewel and Dion.

You motherfuckers.

Before she can sense that someone was looking at her, I went back in my room. A part of me wants to go to her, I really, really want to.

So why don't you?

Because, I can't. I just can't.

You can.

Nope.

You can.

No!

aarrrrggghhh!!! Why am I arguing with myself?

I don't have feelings for her. I don't. I'll prove it.

And with that resolve, I went out to the garden with a purpose.

~

She was facing me the moment I went out of the castle and into the garden.

God, why are you so beautiful Mel?

She proceeded to ignore me and look at the flowers again.

"Mel."

She stopped, but never turned around.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. I don't know what for, but I did. She suddenly turned around and looked at me.

"It's okay." I barely heard her say it. She smiled at me. but beneath that smile, I can see sadness and doubt dwelling in her mind.

She's putting her guard up yet again.

"Even though Diamond didn't say it, it is my job to protect you." I said, as I'm moving closer towards her.

"What I'm doing right now and what I'm about to do in the future is to always protect you, I swear on my life." I finally said as I finally was in front of her.

She didn't look at me nor bothered to reply. She simply just looked at the flowers to the side.

"Look at me." I said, as I held her chin with my thumb and pointer finger for her to face me.

"I promise, didn't I?" I genuinely smiled at her. Natigilan siya sa sinabi ko.

We stood there, looking at each other, lost in each other's eyes.

She was the one who broke it first when she nodded and looked away again.

"Good. Now can you join me and we'll tour this garden together? It's your turn to ask me questions, right?" I said to her which made her face light up and she smiled.

"Oo naman!"

Bipolar ata kaming dalawa because suddenly, the tension wasn't there anymore.

Naglakad-lakad kami sa malaking garden habang nagkwentuhan ng kung anu-ano at nagtaguan pa kami sa Maze ng garden.

Kahit paika-ika pa din siya lumakad o tumakbo, hindi yun nakakabawas sa pagiging cute niya. Nagmukha tuloy siyang penguin. Hahaha!

Napagpasiya na lang namin na umupo sa isa sa mga benches sa garden at magpahinga. Hindi ko sinasadiyang tumingin sa gawi niya.

Kinareer niya talaga ang pag-papahinga.

Nakapatong ang dalawang kamay niya sa bandang likod na bahagi ng bench habang nakatingala naman siya sa langit at nilalasap ang simoy ng hangin.

"Stop staring, you're creeping me out."

I simply laughed but stopped.

What am I doing? Why am I laughing?

Oh no. It can't be.

I like this girl.

I like Melkaye Rose Vasilisa.

Suddenly, the woman who appeared on my doorway walked towards us, poised as usual.

"Your Excellency requests your presence at her study office. She wishes to meet and discuss something important with you." As if just noticing my companion, she said,

"Alone."

I looked at Mel asking silently if I could leave her for a moment, she nodded without hesitating.

"Um... babalik naman na din ako sa kwarto eh. I promise hindi nako lalabas." Sabi niya pa.

I nodded in understanding sabay tayo at inalay ko ang kamay ko para sa kaniya.

Kinuha naman niya iyon at tumayo na sabay paalam sa aming dalawa at pumasok na sa loob ng Castle.

I turn to look at the woman.

"Follow me." She said as she walked away with me trailing behind her.

It's time to meet her Excellency.