Chapter 15: The Trial and The Proposal

True to her words, the Trial was held tonight. After donning on my dark blue tux paired with black shoes, I looked at myself in the mirror.

This is it, Spade. This is where your family's fate will change.

For better or for worse, we don't know.

We have to do everything to ensure that father is found and the Triad will be punished for kidnapping the Patriarch of the Mafia.

Kuya Diamond will be representing our Mafia. He will be there as our lawyer. Kuya Heart is handling the Mafia business for a few days.

We have faith in each other because, strangely, papa already instilled it in us all to lead the Mafia. We unconsciously did train after all.

Mel is... Mel. Still shaken up as always. Pero bumubuti na ang pakiramdam niya. She just needed some time para makapag adjust sa estado ng buhay niya ngayon.

Good thing hindi ko siya masiyadong need bantayan ngayon mainly because this castle is a fortress and declaring war on the Delestria Court will heavily backfire because unang-una, ally nila kami.

That's a first. Never thought that the law will be our ally.

Not to mention that the Law rests solely on an 18-year-old woman's shoulders.

Tinawagan ko sina Umbra Dion kanina para kamustahin ang lagay ni mama at Club.

Si Club naka confine pa din pero nakakapag-ikot naman na siya sa hospital room niya while mom is still... unconscious.

Wala pa ding pagbabago na nakita ang mga doctor sa kaniya. She's still immobile.

I sighed.

There's no time for anger right now. I have to have a clear head for the hearing that is about to happen later.

And to do that, I have to let go of my emotions first and really think about what my next move is once a current situation presents itself.

I gave myself a nod of approval first before walking away from the mirror and proceeded to open my door and walk out of the room.

Pagkalabas ko, nakita ko si kuya Diamond na naghihintay na din sa labas ng pintuan ko.

"Knock. It's nearly time."

I nodded and proceeded to knock on Mel's door. I think I heard her say "coming!" before I heard her footsteps coming towards the door.

Wow.

She looks...

She looks amazing.

She looks fierce in her lady suit combo. Is this what a witness who would testify looks like?

Napansin niya ata akong nakatingin sa kaniya kaya sinungitan niya ako.

"Tabi diyan!" taray niya at binangga pa ang balikat ko habang papalabas.

Seriously, what is this castle doing with women?! Lahat sila nagiging bipolar. Una si Delphinium tapos ngayon naman si Mel? Wth?

I just shrugged and went to the waiting lounge located on the first floor of the castle with Diamond and Mel in front of me.

We took our own seats on the sofa, with me on the left side while Mel is on the right. Kuya Diamond just sat in front of us on the love seat.

Wtf.

We look like we're in a marriage counseling session with kuya Diamond as our marriage counselor.

"Uh so..." Mel uttered. Tumingin naman si kuya Diamond sa kaniya at tinaasan siya ng kilay.