Chapter 40: Aftermath

The Dikastís stayed calm. Despite the stench of blood and carcass and the many body parts she has seen strewn around, she acted as if this was a normal occurrence.

The mafia began to clean up the bodies, dragging them to one place and piling them. After they were done, they knew that we needed some privacy and went out of the room, leaving us family alone again.

Everything was quiet.

"Betraying your ruler and instigating a coup d'état..." Delphine was snickering quietly while she sat on the throne. "You failed miserably by the way." She then went on to laugh a full-blown laugh.

Hindi pa din nagsasallita si Uncle. Nanatili pa din siyang nakayuko.

Her laugh, I had to admit, caused goosebumps along my skin.

It's like the laugh of a madman. In this case, a mad woman.

"Delphy..." Diamond uttered his nickname for her ever so softly it was barely heard. If it weren't for the throne room being so vast and wide, we wouldn't have heard him.

"Thank you kuya." The Dikastís thanked Diamond sincerely before gesturing to Carlos and Celestine to take Uncle— no, he doesn't deserve to be called uncle anymore, Misfortune is more like it.

Hindi karapat-dapat siyang respetuhin ng kahit sino dahil sa ginawa niya. Lalo na kami.

Lalapitan na sana nina Celestine at Carlos ito, ngunit nagkagana pa itong tumawa ng malakas at iniangat ang kaniyang tingin patungo sa akin. Sinalubong ko ang titig niyang nakakainis, na parang may alam siya tungkol sa akin ngunit ayaw niyang sabihin.

"That girl... will do anything for you huh." Patuloy pa din siyang ngumingisi.

There's no other girl in my life other than my mom and Mel, so I don't know who he's talking about.

"Too bad... that she prioritizes her off-springs more than you. Otherwise, I could've killed her so easily."

What?

Hindi ko alam ang nangyari pero nahanap ko na lang ang sarili kong kinwewelyuhan siya at sinisigawan.

"What did you do to her?" My teeth gritted as I saw his sarcastic smile.

Gone was the uncle we knew, there was only a psychopath in his place.

I punched him resulting in blood coming out of his nose.

"Oh, dear... Hahahaha! You didn't know? She's pregnant! Congrats to the Mafia family! Hahahaha! *cough* Ha... *cough*" He coughed out blood before spitting it beside him, "I only said that her life would be in danger once she integrated herself into the Mafia family. Look at how fucked up our family is!" The audacity of this man to associate himself with us, "A f*cked up system based on rules and regulations! I was supposed to be the one who led the Mafia! I am the eldest! Just because I was adopted and you got into the picture," He pointed at my mother who looked at him solemnly, "I was discarded! A disposable vessel!"

Binitawan ko siya at napatumba siya sa sahig. Huminga muna siya ng malalim bago nagpatuloy, "Aksidente ka lang. Aksidente!"

Sinuntok ko siya ulit dahil ininsulto niya si mama. No one f*cking insults my mother.

"Spade, enough."

Pinigilan ako ni Trickster bago ko pa mapatay ang gago.

Celestine and Carlos took this as an opportunity to haul him out of the throne room like deadweight, which he'll probably be later on.

Nagulat ako nang may narinig akong humihikbi, nung tinignan ko kung saang direksiyon iyon, nakita kong si Delphine pala ang umiiyak.

Nang makita niyang lahat kami tumitingin sa kaniya, mas lalo pa siyang umiyak lalo.