Mel's letter

My love,

Hindi ko alam kung paano sisimulan itong letra ko para sayo. Pero susubukan kong ipaintindi hanggang makakaya ko ang rason kung bakit ako umalis.

Yes, I am a coward.

No, it has got nothing to do with Misfortune's words, although, I knew it was true from the very beginning. Manganganib ang buhay ko kung patuloy pa akong makikitira sa teritoryo ninyo. That's why I decided to leave.

One of the reasons why I decided to leave, is that I need to find myself. No, I will not od some soul searching like what you thought, I'm literally trying to find myself.

We seemed to rush into things too quickly, that we didn't know much about each other except that our love is true.

I don't even know what your favorite color is, or what you like or dislike.

I feel like you made me into a comfort character, one where you sought comfort when you see fit and disregard when you don't.

It does hurt me to a certain extent that I was only there with you because you wanted someone to confide in, but I'm also guilty in using you.

We seem to forget, that our marriage is built upon a weak foundation. An agreement of sorts to secure my well-being, that I was protected under the Mafia Organization.

But no one can protect me from myself, Spade.

Before I worked in the Dikatís' hotel, I don't remember anything at all. Except that I was Melkaye Rose Vasilisa, 21 years old, a lift attendant who's barely scraping enough money to live.

I need to know who I was before. It bothered me that I can't say anything to you, my own husband.

I knew you were so busy with your family's problems. You often forget that you yourself have been building a family.

I'm pregnant with twins.

Although, it's just a hunch. You may not have noticed, but my stomach's twice as much larger for a three-month-old fetus to live in. That's why I guessed.

I am happy.

You should too.

Make sure to solve all of your family's problems first. After that,

Come find us.

We're waiting.

-Mel