Part 32

"Do you even have something to say? or you are just going to stare at your feet- because they are so pretty- I guess?" Rehan rolled his eyes as they sat on the bench waiting for Sana to speak. 

"I didn't know that you don't go well with your Father..." Sana blurted out before she could stop "I mean... It's not my business and I know that but I really had no idea about it- If I did I would have gone alone...I didn't even know that you didn't know that Mr.Shekhawat would be there..." Sana struggled to form a sentence, "You never asked me to go with you- I am not blaming you. I don't go well with my family- you didn't know that but Grandma did- and she kept it hidden..." Rehan chuckled not believing his grandmother. 

"I am orphan- I mean I am pretty sure you figured out that much on your own... Parth and I, we aren't real siblings- my father adopted him you might just know that as well- cause he writes Singh and I am Rajwanshi." Sana babbled as she looked away. 

"We don't really need to do this- It's fine it ain't some give and take sort of thing- "Rehan said not willing to take the conversation any further, "No. I mean- It's hard for me to talk about stuff- You must have had questions I just want you to know I didn't tell you anything not because I don't trust you and stuff but... It's just hard to talk about the past, you know right?" Sana looked at Rehan willing him to understand. "Yeah, I do. I think I might back off now- I mean I know how weird things could get- It's personal and it should stay that way- am sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Rehan said as he got up from the seat. "Hey, I didn't mean it that way.." Sana said as she grabbed on his arm stopping him from walking away.

"I know you don't. It's just this whole situation has nothing to do with me... I now know why my grandmother kept trying to keep me in this- and why she is helping you- I am sorry but I don't want to be part of this- I am not willing to see that person again..." Rehan said looking away, "But... He is your father."Sana whispered not getting what Grandmother thought Rehan could achieve by helping her- "That doesn't give him right to come and go in my life as he pleases!" Rehan yelled pulling his arm out of her grip, to which Sana stared at him a bit taken back- 

"I... I don't know what went wrong... but I just... it's never too late you know... I don't want you to regret it." Sana said her breathing clearly uneven as she sat back down on the bench as she trembled. 

"What's wrong? are you okay? what happened? Hey! Sana?" Rehan asked as he kneeled down near Sana who struggled to take out pills from her bag- "Let me help!" Rehan said as he snatched the bag away handing her the meds quickly with a water bottle. 

It took Sana good 15 minutes to calm down as Rehan sat with her looking around not being able to register what he did so wrong. "Are you okay?" He asked worried as Sana looked back up embarrassed, "yeah." She nodded. "You get panic attacks?" Rehan blurted out before he could stop, "Can you please not tell Parth? he will freak out again... I swear they don't happen often, it's just I am still not used to talking about my parents and..."Sana looked at Rehan horrified stopping in between to breathe and register what she was saying, "I mean... can you please not tell him?" she said again as she gained a bit of composure. " I won't." Rehan said quietly. 

"And yeah I will let Parth know about the situation, you don't have to worry about anything at all. He won't call you anymore so yeah... You are right, some things are personal. Thanks for your help." Sana said as she quickly collected her stuff and walked back to her hostel not looking back.