7

Chapter 7

Yi and Jin had boarded a high-speed train along with their animal companion Kai, which lied on the floor in front of their feet resting. Yi held on her hands her smartphone showing the display to Jin as he observed Yi using the tracking app he had mentioned to Yi back as they needed it.

"They're in Shangquiu right now," Jin mentioned pointing at the phone symbol on Yi's smartphone. "That's the station we stop in about 90 minutes. If we're lucky, we manage to catch them up"

"I don't know, if we're going to manage this, Jin. They could when we arrive, board another train and be miles away from us again" Yi mentioned making the Chinese boy groan annoyed.

"How are we going to cross their way?" Jin questioned the friend. "This line here is the only one going to the west direction and it's the fastest one"

"I know what you mean, but we gotta be anticipate everything. We will always be many hours away from each other, no matter, which way we pick"

"Right" The boy agreed. "At least we've got your smartphone to seek for directions......and watch over Peng,"

"We will find him,"

"I don't doubt that" Yi added making Jin smile a little. Yi placed her phone back inside the pocket of her shorts, then leaned back on the seat glancing across the cabin at the digital indicator, which showed the current velocity the train was going at the moment. Jin admired Yi as she was looking across the cabin, then he rolled his eyes down thinking about something, then he gazed back at the teenage girl.

"Thank you for coming on this trip with me" Jin added, then Yi looked at the friend gazing normally at him. "It's good to have someone that could help me out with this case"

"No problem" Yi answered. "That's what friends are for"

"Yeah.....uhm about that...well" Jin began while passing his hand behind his neck rubbing it feeling slightly tensed. "I've been thinking.....last time at the roof, I've thought about the past, how we were before, the way I acted towards you, how we both had changed over the time"

"Yeah"

"I've been wondering....if it wasn't for that trip with Everest, we would have never reconciled. I would still be the same selfish idiot I was before and I would probably still be taking lots of girls on a date and well.....It was rude from my side"

"At least you're not the same as you were at that time. You have changed for the better, just like me" Yi mentioned earning a nod from the raven-haired boy.

"Yeah I mean Imagine me at med school still picking up many other girls on dates as I did back in high school?" Jin scoffed watching Yi hold her hand in front of her mouth chuckling a little.

"I can imagine them being worse as some of the girls you dated and slapped you on the face for you having found another girl right after them"

"I don't really wanna know, what they would do to me. Honestly, on that part of my life, I wasn't even realizing what type of a douche I had become. That trip really did well to me"

"The same to me" Yi added. "Also if you didn't talk to me at that time as my violin had broken and you came to see me I wouldn't have figured out, how I was avoiding contact with my family" Yi mentioned dropping her head down looking at the dog, that was napping.

"You were on a hard phase of your life Yi. Not everybody knows how to deal with that type of situation" Jin explained to the girl as he placed his hand on her shoulder for console. "Mostly if he was one of the important persons in your life"