8

Chapter 8

In the afternoon Yi got out of the high-speed train followed by the mixed breed Kai and Jin, which was pulling behind him a small suitcase with wheels down the vehicle. 

"You're really going to carry the suitcase all behind you?" Yi asked as the boy stopped beside her to look around the station.

"I've got a few shirts and a few pants in here in case I need to change them,"

"I didn't expect as you talked about taking the suitcase you were meaning it"

"I wasn't but I changed my mind. But hey I can always borrow you something. I can't promise, that they will fit you"

"I see about that later" Yi mentioned. "If you don't mind we could keep in there a few water bottles in case we get thirsty on the way"

"Sure and hey can you see, where Peng is at the moment?" Jin asked, then the girl unlocked her smartphone and looked up for the card and updated the site to track down Jin's smartphone and they found him close to a place called Baoji.

"Here" Yi answered showing Jin the smartphone. Jin then pressed with his finger on the square button to open up the previous sites they had visited last time and entered on a map of china showing all the various railways the country had all over the place. "Look there it is" Yi added as she observed the boy looking over the card then Jin zoomed closer on the card looking for the place, then Yi held her finger over the smartphone near the corner and Jin slowly slid up on the phone to encounter the name of the place.

"We're going to have to take a regular train. This one was the last station of the high-speed train" Jin mentioned and Yi took her phone back into her pocket.

"So we have to go this way then?" Yi asked earning a nod from Jin.

"Yeah, come down at the underpass must be the departure board of the trains" Jin asserted moving along with Yi to the stairs, walking them down entering a corridor with several passages to other railways. Jin looked around along with Yi, then the girl noted a few passages away from her two TV screens on the wall with various train names, then she nudged the boy on the arm and pointed to the end of the corridor to the TV screens, then both walked together at the screens and stopped there looking at the various lines.

"There is one in 9 minutes. If we manage to get us three tickets and find the line, we're good"

"Alright" Yi responded moved away from the board along with Jin further to a kiosk, then Yi stopped along with Kai as they saw the dog forbidden sign on the door.

"Kai has to stay out here" Yi mentioned then Jin looked down at the dog, which was panting normally.

"Should I stay with Kai here and you go in look for something?" Jin offered seeing Yi shrug her shoulders.

"You don't need to do that" Yi answered. "You can go in"

"Okay, do you want anything else besides water?" Jin asked, then heard a stomach grumble and Yi place her hand over her belly.

"Maybe a pack or two of cookies would be a good idea" Yi suggested earning a nod from the boy. "Oh hey look beside the store are two ticket machines. Should I buy us the tickets, while you're in there?" Yi suggested earning a nod from Jin.

"Good idea" Jin consented, then entered the kiosk while Yi approached the first ticket automat and looked at the display, which showed the railways around the area Yi was. On the side Yi zoomed away to see more of the map, then she gazed at the map searching for the city they had seen Peng before.