18

Chapter 1 8

In the evening the truck, where Jin and Yi had climbed up to head to Hotan had arrived the city passing by an industrial zone with various warehouses. Yi lied against the car bumper covered with a blanket having a nap and Jin on the other side was awake but exhausted from the trip, afterward, he noticed the truck turn on a curve to the side, where it went on a street full with parking spots, half of them had cars parked on there and Jin noticed a board with a train symbol pointing 800m to the right side. Jin looked at Yi and reached his arms at Yi's shoulder tapping her on it for a while until she woke up. "Yi" Jin whispered watching the girl move her head at him a little tired.

"Are we there yet?" Yi asked earning a nod from the boy.

"Yeah and in 800m there's a right turn for the train station, but I think the truck won't go there" Jin pointed out making Yi nod.

"Okay, we gotta get out of here" Agreed Yi getting up with the help of the car cooler behind her. Jin did the same, but a little shaky and he lied his back down on the bonnet looking a little tired. "Are you alright Jin?" Yi questioned the boy, which shrugged his shoulder.

"I did something, that if the trucker sees would get me killed" Jin mentioned, then Yi looked down to see on the first floor of the trailer vomit on the windshield of a coupe.

"Ewww..... I would understand him" Yi agreed. "Did you really puke that much?"

"Uh no, I puked about three times during the ride" Jin explained. "And I believe the first one, must have gotten dry with the time"
"Can you stay on your own feet?" Yi asked, then noticed the truck stop as in front of it was a traffic light and another truck was coming from the other side and stopped beside the cabin of the truck, where Jin and Yi sat.

"Quick Jin, that's our chance to get down of here" Yi warned the friend as she saw the other truck driver had opened the window to chat with the other driver. Jin held his hand out to Yi helping her come to his side, then she moved beside the car to the ladder and descend half of it, then watched Jin move slowly by the side of the car to the ladder then got on it following Yi down at the ground and both arrived the ground.

"Oh, I've forgotten our bags" Jin mentioned, then Yi jumped up at the ladder climbing them up to get the bags back, which she threw at the ground next to Jin. "Hurry up, it turned green" Jin mentioned seeing the traffic light turning green and Yi looked down at Jin, then took a leap causing Jin to widen his eyes in shock and open his arms to catch the girl, but due the girl having jumped straight towards him he got bumped on the floor by the girl.

"Why did you jump?" The raven-haired boy asked still with widened eyes about what happened.

"It was the fastest way" Yi answered. "Excuse me" Yi apologized, then heard the truck brake and both looked back at the truck to see the driver get out of the truck to see the two teens on the other side of the street together.

"Were you two on my truck?" The driver asked and Jin exchanged looks with his childhood friend, then glanced at the cars and noticed the slime from Jin's vomit on the coupe and widened his eyes in shock.

"Let's go!" Yi shouted and Jin dropped Yi on her feet and ran off with her.

"Hey!" The trucker hollered seeing Jin and Yi escape from the man passing behind the parked cars, continuing to run behind the cars. Yi looked back while running noticing the man throwing his arm up annoyed, walking back to the driver cabin of his truck and Yi sighed in relief and looked at Jin, which accompanied the girl right beside her.

"Thanks for catching me"

"No problem" Jin answered with a cheeky smile. "We're like partners in crime, but you know.....we don't really do crimes"

"But I brought us in much trouble when we were kids remember"

"Yeah..... oh, I still haven't forgotten about the clogged toilets in the men restroom at my grandparent's coffee shop.

"I somehow knew you would have said that, Jin"

"Hehe" Jin chuckled reaching along with the girl a parking lot with fewer cars parked on them and on the train station was a train about to leave.

"If we didn't miss the train, this is the station we would have left in the end of our ride" The Chinese girl mentioned.

"So that means we have to look for another way to Nepal,"

"Yeah"

"And have you got any idea?" Jin questioned. "I don't see any coaches or cabs here"

"Let's try to look if there's an airport or a coach bus center," Yi told the friend, which looked down at her hands typing down on the maps for a coach center, then waited for the page to load.

"There's a coach station five miles away from us" Jin read on the app.

"And five more to the airport after that point,"

"Where should we try first?" Questioned Jin. "The coach center?"
"Yeah we could ask there for information, then we see about the airport" The girl answered.

"I think going with a coach will be longer, cause they'll need to do a break I think. At least we would be 40 hours or 50 on the trip,"

"Aren't there two drivers?"
"Yes, but I was referring to breaks they have to do once in a while, so all can leave the coach for a while and stretch their arms, legs and catch some fresh air" Jin explained. "I was with my class on a 16-hour trip to another city and we stopped for about three times,"

"Ah, alright"

The duo had made it in time to catch the ticket corner open and the vendor looked up on his computer for tickets.

"There are five free spots on our next coach, which departs in the next 85 minutes," The vendor said and Jin looked at Yi, who stood next to him.

"What do you think?" Jin asked. "Should we take this one?"

"I'm okay with it" Yi answered, then Jin nodded at the man, which saved the tickets for the two and printed them out.

"That would be 560 Yuan" The man announced. "Do you split or pay separately?"

"Can I pay with my debit card?" Jin asked earning a nod from the man. "I do for both"

"Why are you using your card, if you can use cash?" Yi asked.

"I want to keep the rest of the money in case of food" Jin answered. "I asked Miss Burnish, if she didn't mind, she would pay for me the bill of what I spend during the time we were on this trip"

"Okay," Yi answered, then after Jin stored his card back he received the tickets.

"Have a nice trip" The man wished, then Jin walked together with Yi at the parking zone of the coaches, seeing only two coaches present and one of them the drivers were walking alone in the inside checking all the seats from its back.

"I think one of them could be our ride" The boy pointed out observing the staff inside the coach along with Yi. Jin sat down on the ground opening the shopping bag taking out a cookie package, then opened it to take out a square-shaped cookie to eat it.

"Eat slowly to avoid your stomach reject the food" Yi warned the boy, which nodded at the girl and sat there mute, therefore Yi took herself a seat beside him, placing her hand on his shoulder. "You're okay?"

"Yeah I'm just trying to take it slow" Jin answered taking another cookie, chewing it slowly as Yi kept sitting beside him observing his state.