Chapter 8: Investigate This Mofo!

Edward: *Snore* ice cream girl *Snore* mmm~ chocolate syrup~

Currently, Edward is asleep in Professor Port's class while the he drones on and on about his adventure stories.

He is woken up by Weiss elbowing him in the side. She whispers to him...

Weiss: I know your one of the smartest in school but could you help me?

She points to Jaune who is trying to get a date with her. Edward nods.

Edward: Jaune, how could you go on a date if your failing? You won't have any time.

Jaune, realising what he said was true, turns back to paying attention in class.

Edward gives Weiss a thumbs up and she returns it with a smile.

Classes end for the day as the teams head back to their dorms.

Blake: Finally, I thought that class would never end.

Ruby: Alright guys, today is the day. The iinvestigation begins!

She jumps down in excitement and nearly lands on Weiss.

Weiss adds sarcastically, "I'm glad we're taking this so seriously."

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan, that's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right, everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard.

Edward: And I'm...... back-up. Uh, why do I have to sit here and wait until you call?

Ruby: Your the strongest of the team, you also stick out because of how tall you are.

Weiss: Seriously, how are you so tall!?

Edward gives a dejected Weiss a headpat, "You'll grow someday, princess."

A confused Blake asks Edward and Weiss a question.

Blake: Since when were you two so close?

Edward: We went into town the other night to shop. While we were out, people kept thinking I was her older sibling or something so I decided to act like it.

Weiss: Plus, he does look like a Schnee.

Yang: True.

Ruby, anxious to get going, finishes what she was saying, "Alright. We'll meet up tonight by Yang to go over what we found. Lets do this!"

???: Yeah!

The is surprised to hear another voice and turn to see Sun hanging upside down by his tail from a tree branch outside their window.

Yang: Sun? How did you get up there?

Sun: Its easy, I do it all the time.

Weiss/Edward: You do what?!

Sun: I climb trees all the time.

He flips inside the room.

Sun: So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?

Blake: We  are going to investigate the situation as a team.

She puts emphasis on the "We" and "as a team" parts.