Chapter 1 | Kocho

"Konbanwa~" appearing out of nowhere, the violet eyed female sweetly greeted "what's your name?"

"U-uh Kanroji, Kanroji Mitsuri" the bright-eyed lady replied with a bit of a fright "and you?"

The female smiled ever so slightly "Kocho Shinobu."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Misturi stood patiently at the designated waiting point she received in the letter, waiting for a kakushi to pick her up and take her to the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters.

She felt a yawn creeping up, probably due to the all nighter she just pulled after receiving orders to eradicate a demon who had blended in so well with the people of the village, that sending lower ranks in was pretty much sending food over to the demon.

She tried to suppress it, but the yawn eventually got the better of her, leaving her mouth wide open and teary eyed. Realising how bad that must've looked, she blushed a little and whispered to herself, Stop it Mitsuri! You're a lady so act like one. She straightened her red uniform up and tidied up her sakura coloured hair a little, the letter mentioned that this meeting will spell her promotion and she will be part of the organization's 9 most elite and powerful warriors, meaning that she's likely to also meet the master of this whole organization.

Apparently 2 of the former Hashira have retired and left spaces to be filled, this was her biggest chance to meet a guy who was stronger than her and would be willing to marry her - she had to leave a good first impression. The evening glow and warmth left her with rosier cheeks than usual, where is the kakushi? she thought absentmindedly.

In the middle of zoning out she thought of something also written in the letter: that she will be joined with another red ranked girl before attending the meeting.

Almost at the same time, she felt a presence behind her and immediately became alert, one hand already pressed on her nichirin blade ready to attack if something goes wrong. "Konbanwa~" appearing out of nowhere, a violet eyed female sweetly greeted her "what's your name?".

Being slightly frightened by the sudden appearance, Mitsuri hesitantly answered "U-uh Kanroji, Kanroji Mitsuri". The violet eyed female was wearing a butterfly patterned haori with the same red uniform as her underneath, affirming the words of the letter she just remembered. Breathing a sigh of relief and placing her hand down from the blade, she asked back "and you?".

"Kocho Shinobu" the female replied, smiling ever so slightly. Mitsuri took the chance to take a closer look at her new companion. She was beautiful, giving off an air of elegance and grace; her dark purple eyes slightly glazed over, standing out in contrast to her white skin. A delicate butterfly pin held her hair in place behind her head, making her petite frame look even more delicate.

Almost like a doll... she thought.

"Thank you for the complement" Kocho's soothing voice now had a hint of laughter "You're not bad yourself".

Realising what had just happened, Mitsuri's face turned bright red "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to say it out loud." After giggling a bit more, the two stood in silence for a little. Taking this opportunity, Kocho looked over to Mitsuri.

She was a tall girl - just from her build she could tell that she was a strong person. Yet she had the face of someone who lived under the sun, bright and innocent. Her light green eyes giving off an aura of friendliness and kindness. The complete opposite to me Kocho thought silently to herself and sighed, Mitsuri reminded her of her sister.

"Umm, Kocho..." Mitsuri started

"Please call me Shinobu"

Mitsuri's face lit up "Ok Shinobu-chan! Please call me Mitsuri as well. It looks like we'll be comrades in the future, so I look forward to working and getting to know you more!"

"Likewise." Kocho beamed at her. Their short exchange ended there as a kakushi approached them and guided them towards the headquarters.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/N: Thank you all for making your way to the end of the 1st chapter! I'm trying not to rush things, so here is a brief intro to the start of the story haha. There will be more to come~
Please feel free to leave any suggestions for improvement!

This is the end of the chapter.
If you liked what you read, please consider leaving a vote or comment to let me know:)
Thank you!