Chapter 5 | Misunderstanding Pt.1

"Don't worry, I'm rooting for you!" The bright-eyed girl winked, not realizing that her words would mark the start of her friend's new chapter.

"As I said, you've misunderstood"

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

How did it come to this? Kocho thought to herself, standing outside Tomioka's door.

Mitsuri had come by earlier to chat and interrogate her relationship with Tomioka – not that there was anything to interrogate about. There was nothing between them besides a co-worker relationship, she wouldn't even consider them to be friends. He was simply there, as the Water Pillar, her senior. Mitsuri just wouldn't give up though, "Obanai told me that he has never seen Tomioka willingly or voluntarily talk to someone, let alone do something as big of a hassle as to make breakfast for everyone" the squeal Mitsuri let out afterwards still fresh in her mind.

"Haha, you've misunderstood Mitsuri-" Kocho started, she thought it was pretty obvious Tomioka didn't have a choice, but she never got to finish her sentence because someone knocked on her door and interrupted the conversation. Opening her door, she found the Snake Pillar standing outside, clearly here to pick up Mitsuri.

"Ah, hello Iguro" Kocho smiled at him. He nodded out of politeness "Is Mitsuri here?"

"Obanai!" Mitsuri beamed at him. She jumped up from the couch and turned around to say her goodbyes "I'm going shopping with Obanai, I need to make the most out of my last free day" she giggled and proceeded to head out the door.

Oh? They were on first name basis already?

Suddenly thinking of something, Mitsuri stopped and leaned towards Kocho to whisper in her ear "Don't worry, I'm rooting for you!" giving her a final wink before skipping over to where Iguro was.

Kocho breathed out heavily while closing the door, "like I said, you've misunderstood". She walked over to the couch and continued on with the book she was studying before Mitsuri came to visit, but her mind couldn't focus on the content. Why was she feeling so restless all of a sudden? Closing her eyes briefly, she decided to go downstairs to make herself a cup of tea to try and calm herself down a little.

Ah, yes. That's where the problem occurred. The most boring, inconvenient mistake – She tripped and spilled tea all over herself while walking back to her room. It was annoying because she had to clean up her mess, but it was no big deal. It is just tea after all, and she could just take a shower once she got back to her room.

After cleaning up the mess on the ground, she slowly made her way up the stairs back to her room. She sighed again as she opened her drawers to take out a fresh set of clothing, first Mitsuri comes bugging her about an inexistent relationship with Tomioka and now this, her uniform would need to be washed as well.

Just as she was thinking about how bad her day is, it took a turn for the worse.

"..........." Kocho looked into her empty drawers, and suddenly remembered that her extra clothing was on its way being delivered from the Butterfly Mansion where she previously lived. While moving in, she had bought one extra clean set of underwear at least, but in terms of what she could wear outside, she had been living in her new uniform. She'd only just returned her old red uniform this morning as well.

Her mind ran through the options she had. She supposed she could let the tea just dry and cope with it until her clothing arrived, since it has already been 2 days and should arrive fairly soon. But it would smell, and she always liked to keep a clean image of herself whenever possible.

Maybe she could borrow something from Misturi? But she's out with Iguro currently, and who knows when they'll be back. Looking at the clock it's only 4pm, so it's likely that she'd be waiting for at least another 3 to 4 hours.