Chapter 4 | Breakfast

Her presence supported him; his presence comforted her.

Two opposite personalities with the same troubles.

One dealt with it with an unwavering smile, while the other with an unwavering stoic expression.

Perhaps getting along wouldn't be so hard, after all, they did understand what the other is going through.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Despite sleeping at almost around 3am last night, Kocho woke up early next morning at 7am, still getting used to her new living environment. Sitting up in her bed, she rubbed her eyes and thought about the 2 days ahead of her.

No new missions for the next 2 days- "to get used to being a pillar" Ubuyashiki said "to spend time getting to know the other pillars". She wasn't really sure what there was to 'get to know', but there's really nothing she can do about it anyway. Deciding to get out of bed, she went into the bathroom to tidy herself up. The thought of having to interact with Tomioka made her pull a face at the mirror she would never show anyone, on that note, she also wondered why Ubuyashiki made Tomioka her partner. It's not as if the Master didn't know what her personality is like, did he really think something good would come out of this partnership for 3 months?

Figuring that thinking more about this would not bring her any answers quicker, Kocho sighed and quickly finished washing up. She then proceeded to get dressed in her new uniform, but since she wasn't going out or anything, she didn't bother to wear her haori. It felt a bit weird not wearing her red uniform anymore, but the black certainly made her feel a lot more grounded. She looked in the mirror and tidied her hair up, finishing off by pinning her butterfly pin behind her head as usual.

"Breakfast" she mumbled to herself, suddenly coming to the realisation that there was no kitchen in her room and that she would have to use to the common kitchen downstairs. She hoped that the kitchen was stocked, since she hadn't had time to shop for food yet. Grabbing the keys she left on the table from last night, she headed towards the door humming gently to herself. As she was locking her door, she heard the lock from next door click.

Oh please not now...

Well too late. With a smile Kocho looked over to the male who was also leaving his room.

"Tomioka."

Stopping his actions in locking his door, Tomioka looked up at his new neighbour wearing the same uniform as him.

"Kocho."

Honestly being so used to not having a neighbour, he had pretty much forgotten that Kocho moved into the room next to him last night. Both of them having no further intention to talk to each other, continued on with whatever they were doing.

After a while, she couldn't help but ask about the current situation she found herself in.

"Tomioka, what do you think you're doing" Kocho thought that interaction at the door would be the first and last interaction with him today, but clearly God had other plans. "Kitchen." He gave the shortest reply possible.

"You mean, you're going to the kitchen as well?" Kocho exaggerated her sigh "you really had to pick the exact same time as me to use the kitchen?" Tomioka ignored her, but picked up pace and quickly walked down the stairs. Kocho, being the competitive person she is, definitely could not let Tomioka who left his room LATER than she did, get to the kitchen first. She picked up pace too, and soon this became some sort of speed walking contest.

"Total concentration breathing" Kocho heard Tomioka mutter under his breath, her eyes widened as he passed her yet again.

"Tomioka-san~ are you really that desperate to win" Kocho became visibly annoyed, but that didn't make a difference to him. "Fine - total concentration breathing" she decided it was time she got serious as well.