Prologue

The grass rustled in the wind as a cat stalked through the shadows of the forest. His pelt shimmered mystically in the eerie moonlight. As he appeared out of the trees, he crouched beside a Thunderpath and pricked his ears for any sign of movement. When all was quiet, the cat swiftly raced to the other side.

    He narrowed his eyes and glanced around. The forest was quiet, unnaturally quiet. He smirked. Perfect.

    The cat dropped into a crouch and slowly crept through the hanging vines. He parted his jaws to taste the air and immediately scented mouse. He turned his head as the bushes shook near him. There you are.

    The cat padded closer to his prey, stepping nimbly over the twigs and leaves. He veered away from a bramble bush and spotted the mouse. The delicious scent filled his nostrils, making his mouth water and his claws unsheathe. Bunching his muscles, he pounced, locking the prey between his claws and giving it a swift blow to the neck.

    The cat purred; it was about time he had some decent prey. He settled in the soft grass and started gulping down his meal, ears pricked for danger.

    A sudden wind tugged at his pelt. He shivered as it ruffled his fur, though grateful that he was still downwind. He devoured the mouse faster as more wind flew at him. Why is this place so cold?    

    Ravens suddenly squawked and fluttered out of the trees. The cat looked up to see clouds covering the sky that had been completely clear only moments before. Another strong breeze hit his face, nearly knocking him off his paws. Trembling, the cat jumped up. This isn't a natural storm!

    He struggled to stay on his paws as wind buffeted him from all sides. Wincing, he caught a glimpse of his half-eaten prey being whisked away. Frustration gnawed at his stomach. That was still fresh! He gasped in terror as he was sent plummeting to the ground.

    He pressed himself to the earth as more wind hit him. He suddenly felt the presence of another cat near him. He looked around wildly, but all he could see was the dust flying at him. Eyes stinging, he started blinking multiple times to try and get rid of the pain.

    "Who's there?" the cat demanded. "Show yourself!" He opened his mouth but couldn't scent any cat. His heart started to pound. 

    Suddenly, a familiar voice boomed his name.

    He froze, eyes wide, as he recognized his father's voice.

    "St-Stonestar?" the cat stammered, digging his claws into the ground and heaving himself to his paws. "Where are you?" He gazed around franticly, fear overwhelming him.

    "I feel ashamed to call you my son—you fox-heart!" the voice roared again, sending another blast of air.

    The cat felt anger surge through him. "You always were!" he yowled. "You never paid any attention to me!"

    All of a sudden, the air was full of screeching, wailing kits, drowning out all other noise. "Beware!" Stonestar boomed over the shrieks.

    The cat dug his claws deeper into the soil, flattening his ears to try and block out the noise. Panic flooded over him as the yowls became louder.

    "Wh-what do you mean?"

    "From the Clan that grows green, two kits will rise, and that will be the end." His father's voice echoed through the trees.

    The cat yowled as the harsh wind blew strongly at him. He scraped his claws against the bare earth, but it wasn't enough. The cat was whisked into the air, his paws clawing at nothing, his shriek filling the forest.

    The cat awoke with a jolt. He leaped to his paws and whirled around, only to find himself in his nest once again. Breathing heavily, he flopped back down, shedding bits of moss everywhere. His father's words rang in his head.

    From the Clan that grows green, two kits will rise, and that will be the end.

    Two kits? The cat snorted. What could kits do to me? Amused, he rolled onto his back, careful not to disturb the cat beside him. But as he lay there, a flicker of doubt began to unfold inside of him.

    The end? He frowned. Maybe this prophecy could come true—somehow. He narrowed his eyes, pondering this. A plan began to form in his mind; a perfect plan. He grinned menacingly.

    I won't let this prophecy come true.

————————————————————

So here's my first shot at a Warrior Cats fanfiction :3 I'll be posting a new chapter every Saturday! Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave a vote and commet!

-Cookie