Song: Mystery Girl - Alexandra Saviour

♥ ♥ ♥

Sunday 23th September

The first few weeks in this unfamiliar city and I already feel smothered cheerfully with fun. It was like I had just awoken from a slumber that lasted the past 20 years of my life.

It was the next page in the book, a new chapter but written on the same paper as the last. I was still me, but evolving to the next stage in my life.

I still can't fully process where I am, who I am with and why I am here. It all kind of feels like a fever dream I haven't woken up from yet.

Maybe I was in a coma.

I don't think I've ever been offered so much alcohol in my life compared to tonight. The extra shots Niall had ordered weren't even the last of it, this guy had no sense of control. I passed on another 3 rounds of those shots. I could hardly keep up with them.

I still felt bad for the whole situation with Harry and 'Heidi', I didn't mean to get in the middle, even if that was the reason I was invited to the club in the first place. I hated the feeling swirling in my gut when I realised I became a part of that despite it being unintentional.

For the rest of the night, I tried to block it out of my mind and just focus on enjoying what was left of the night. Maybe it would've been better if I had a superpower to rewind time and go back to watching the city from the balcony with Harry- it was calm there. It almost felt the same as when I would sit on the edge of the cliff in my hometown.

The night came to an end at about 2 am if I remember correctly, I had said my goodbyes to Jenn and Zia when we separated from them to step back on the party bus when it came back for us. It was bittersweet as they were such lovely girls but Niall had said they were only in New York City for the night.

Did I stumble on the second step? Yes, yes I did.

"Shit." My hand's race to hold the metal bar for support but fail as I almost faceplant the floor and my knee hits against another step.

"Woah, careful Webber." Harry's hands automatically snapped to my waist to hold me up, the only thing that stopped me from falling face-first before lifting me back up to my feet.

These damn heels.

But, I made it on the coach in the end, so I think that's what counts.

The banter on the way back was identical to when we were on our way to the club, just now everyone was a bit more drunk and giggly. I'm pretty sure at one point they were evaluating what type of drunk I am.

"No, Louis, you're not listening. She's 100% an emotional drunk." Liam states.

"Do I look emotional to you right now Liam?" I answer back, probably slurring my words while I'm at it.

"Nah, she's a horny drunk," Niall argues.

"You'll never get to find out," I responded to his guess too.

"I'm hurt by that, Arabella." He rests his hand on his heart, playing an overdramatic sad look on his face, "Maybe you're a mean drunk." He laughs.

The bus stopped at my apartment building first, Harry insisted on helping me off the coach.

"Bye, sugar!" Fawn shouts as we step off the bus.

We stood amongst the autumn air which had dropped a few degrees so I was wearing my cardigan over my dress. We were just outside the doors leading into the building, the street was almost bare which was unusual compared to how crowded they've been since I've arrived here.