Our bagels had reduced to crumbs and our coffees to drips

Our bagels had reduced to crumbs and our coffees to drips. It felt like I haven't eaten in days even though I had pancakes this morning.

He had asked a few more questions, many seeming normal until I became suspicious of why he really needed information on this place which to me, had been a personal location. If telling him this kept me in his good books, without his sarcastic commentary or threats, then I'm fine with that.

"Have you ever found anything abnormal there? Or see something that didn't belong there?" He questions as we stand from our table, tucking the chairs in.

"No, like I said I don't know anyone else who knows about the place. It's always been my spot. If there was anything out of the ordinary, I surely would have seen it... I think so anyway, I could be wrong, I probably am." I ramble, doubting myself in the end like I always did after Tanner would constantly prove me wrong and then shout at me for it. I guess it just became normal for me to discredit myself in case I was ever incorrect again. Eden says it's unhealthy to think like that but I can't help it.

"You said yourself that you used to go there regularly, you're the only thing I've got to go off so far." He states.

"I'm probably wrong," I admit as we walk towards the exit of the small cafe.

"You're probably right." He argues, "Probably just a dead end."

I open the door first, pulling it open and walking out as he follows after. I watch as he drags the door shut behind him and joins me in turning right on the street.

Flashing lights.

My hand comes up to cover my eyes from the bright flashes blinding me until my vision is pure white. I squint at the intensity of the flickers and bursts, taking a few seconds to realise what it was that was causing this chaos; cameras.

Paparazzi.

The reminder that Harry is classed as a celebrity enters my mind, I had almost forgotten what with all the events of the last few days. That alongside the fact it's all a lie.

In a matter of seconds, I turn my head to look at Harry to witness his reaction to this situation but everything feels like it's happening in slow motion. He seems to have a similar sting in his eyes as they are also squinting and a deep line has formed in between his brows.

"Harry, Harry! Over here!"

"How's working on the set of 'Twisted Impurity'?"

"Look over here Harry!"

"Over here, Harry!"

I feel several pairs of eyes on us, mostly him, as my stomach replicates a sinking feeling. My head feels like it's floating heavily, dizziness taking over my senses. My vision is blurred from the brightness being shone in my eyes and I'm totally lost for words.