Today was the day of the interview. The day that would determine the rest of my life. Whether coming here would have been a huge mistake or if I would get the job and everything would change.

At least, even if I didn't get the job, I could still spend some time in New York City. Do some sightseeing. If I did get the job, for some crazy reason, I'd rent the apartment for longer and live out my dream job.

I have already worked so hard to get to this point in my life.

Last night I made a few phone calls - one to Eden and one to my parents. My mum must have asked 4 times if I got there safely and if I was alright. She told me I would do great in the interview, which I hope she was right. Eden was freaking out when I told her about the coffee incident, asking millions of questions like 'was he hot?' to which I answered 'hell yes, but he was a bit of an arsehole.' I mean, he didn't even say sorry for spilling coffee on me. Actually, if I remember correctly, I said sorry for him spilling coffee on me. God, I'm such an idiot.

But for some surreal reason, I couldn't get his face out of my head, like it had been tattooed into my brain. His smirk would haunt me forever.

I wanted to make a good impression at the interview today so I rummaged through my suitcase to find my black dress pants and a random black shirt with 'Levi' written on it in red. I paired the outfit with my red converse and black handbag. When I was looking through my mini suitcase, I noticed a piece of material I didn't remember packing. When I pulled it out from beneath some other clothing, a blue satin dress revealed itself. It was the one I tried on in the shop with Eden. My memory ventures back to when she packed most of my suitcase for me, she must have bought it for me and slipped it in.

I quickly retrieve my phone from my bag and send her a text.

Me: you did not omg!

Eden: I'm guessing you found the dress haha

Me: yes! Eden, thank you so much! Why did you do that?!

Eden: consider it a good luck present, plus you did look really good in it and you can't be in New York without a fancy dress in your suitcase.

Me: wow! I'll repay you when I get some money.

Eden: i don't want your money. It's for YOU, Arabella. If you want to repay me, make you find a reason to wear it.

Me: I'll try ;)

Eden: oooh and send me pics when you do...

Me: haha don't worry I will. Help, the interview is in half an hour!

Eden: you'll do fine, don't worry. Just remember to breatheeee...

And with that, I put my phone back in my bag, hastily brushed my teeth for the second time this morning just to make sure my teeth were white and re-brush my wavy, brown hair. It was only minutes after I left my apartment, walking out of the building, with 20 minutes to get to the location.

P15 Studios.

I had to look it up on my phone maps just to make sure I was going to the right place. It was only a few streets away from the apartment so I should be on time.

It was only now I realized how busy the streets are and how many people lived in New York City. Either side of me there would be people; old men in brown suits but also young women with great fashion I could only wish to have. It was great diversity.

I didn't necessarily feel like a fly on a wedding cake but I also didn't feel like I completely fit in. Maybe it was just me and my insecurities, I'll probably get used to it after a while.