CHAPTER 25

ANICA BOOKED A FLIGHT that will departure within two hours. She spent her two hours sitting in the waiting area doing nothing. For the last minutes, she called Meghan and informed her that she'll be back in the Philippines after one day and a half.

“Ha? Akala ko ba 2 weeks kayo r'yan?” nagtatakang tanong ni Meghan sa kabilang linya.

“Hmm, something happened. Sige na, I just informed you. Babye!” she bid her goodbye and deeply sighed.

“Ingat ka ha? We will wait. We have some surprises for you.” Meghan happily said and hang up.

“Wala akong oras para umiyak, I left lots of things for this bullshit vacation.” she said and stood up.

IT WAS HARD FOR Anica to pretend that everyone is fine. It was hardly cushy for her to say it's fine while her susceptible heart was actually crushing in to pieces.

The moment the plane landed, she brushed her reveries off and tried her best to take everything easy. She didn't plan to go to her apartment and she straightened to their hideout. When she arrived their hideout, the crushed walls and ceiling welcomed her. Everything crushed! All were into pieces already. The terrible scene sent shivers down her spine and she felt her every muscle trembling in fear.

“J-Jayla, J-Jairus, M-Meghan, N!” she shouted as she ran towards the ruins. She was crying in despair as she tried to go to the basement.

“N-No! W-What happened?!” she cried. Bago pa nya mapuntahan ang basement ay nagkagalos-galos siya dahil sa mga semento, kabilya at iba pang nakaharang sa daan. Parang pinagsakluban ng langit at lupa si Anica nang makitang duguan ang mga taong nasa loob. It was 6 people inside, the three was Jayla, Jairus and Meghan, Anica don't know the other three men.

“Meghan!” iyak nyang sigaw at lumapit kay Meghan na s'yang mukhang kritikal.

“M-Meg!” sambit ni Anica at hinawakan ang duguang kamay nito. She was unconscious but she's still warm. Anica went towards the twin and they were still breathing.

“N-Nic?” Jairus hissed.

“Jai! Kapit ka lang, kapit lang kayo, t-tawag ako ng tulong!” Anica said as her trembling hands dialled the 911. After she gave their exact location, she tried to push the bricks away from Meghan's body.

I-I'm sorry, g-guys. K-Kung hindi lang ako umalis, hindi sana i-ito mangyayari. She thought as she was crying, trying to help Meghan.

“W-We could h-have the j-justice you've w-wanted t-to get, Master N-Nic.” utal ngunit masayang saad ni Jairus habang pinipigilan ang pagdurugo nya.

“Hushh, h-hindi iyan importante s-sa ngayon, okay? K-Kailangan kayong madala s-sa hospital.” Anica said trying to sniffle her cries. When she heard the serene of othe ambulance, a glimpse of hope flashed on Anica's eyes. They'll survive!

Nang maisakay na sa ambulansya ay pinili ni Anica ang samahan si Meghan dahil siya ang pinakakritikal. The nurses and the rescuers were busy checking Meghan's vitals and heartbeat, so as her blood rate.

Anica can't help but to cry, praying for their safety. She couldn't stop blaming herself for what happened. She thought that if she didn't leave, maybe, everything wouldn't turn out like this.

I'll make the one who did this pay! She promised as she was holding Meghan's hand.

Jayla and Jairus was put in an emergency room while Meghan was straightened to the operating room due to her excessive blood lost and fading heart rate. She also got her gallbladder hurt.

Nang nasa mga kamay na ng  mga doktor ang tatlo, medyo napanatag ang loob ni Anica. Naiisip nyang magiging ayos sila sa kamay ng mga doktor. Tumawag din siya kay Narxixius at sinabihan ito kung saang hospital sila ngayon. She was sitting in one of the chairs outside the operating room while waiting for any news and waiting for Narxixius too.

“S-Sorry g-guys...” she mumbled.

“Anica!” someone screamed her name. When she raised her head, she saw Narxixius running towards her. The time she stood up, Narxixius hugged her tight.

“K-Kasalanan ko 'to lahat, N!” iyak nya at sinubsob ang mukha sa dibdib ni Narxixius.

“Shh! It's not your fault, Nic. I'm sorry, I'm late.” Narxixius whispered and caresses her hair, trying to comfort her.

“S-Sana di nalang a-ako umalis!” she cried even more.

“Shh wala kang kasalanan. Wala, okay? Stop crying, please.” he pleaded and kissed her forehead.

Kahit ano pa mang sabihin ni Narxixius ay hindi tumitigil sa pag-iyak si Anica. He made her seat and just waited for her to calm down. It took her a whole hour before she stopped on crying and that's when a doctor from the I.C.U went out.

“Doc...” Anica hissed and stood up.

“Are you the people in-charge?”

“Opo, kaibigan ko po 'yung patient. How is she, Doc?” sagot kaagad ni Anica.

“Miss Meghan is fine. The operation is successful. The steel didn't go deep to her kidney, so, she can be treated promptly. Yet, expect her to be  unconscious for days since her body was in shock for what happened and she needs to regain her energy. That's all.” because of what the doctor said, Anica was able to breath freely and sat down in the chair due to her relief.

“Thank you, Doc!” Narxixius said and the Doctor immediately excused himself. Lumuhod sa harap ni Anica si Narxixius at tiningnan sya nito. Narxixius held her hands and said, “Meghan is fine, you should keep your mind at ease. Ayos na rin naman ang kambal, so, breathe.”

“I'm glad they're fine but...” Anica gritter her teeth in anger. “I will make sure that the one who did this will pay!”

Anica looked at Narxixius and smile.

“They will pay for this.” she took an oath of revenge as she stood up.

“Pupuntahan ko muna 'yung kambal sa kwarto. Pwede ikaw na magrequest ng isa pang kama para kay Meghan, sa parehong kwarto parin?” suyo ni Anica at tumango si Narixius.

“Ako na bahala roon. Bibili nalang din ako ng makakain mo.” sagot nito at dumeretso na si Anica sa pribadong kwarto kung saan parehong naroon ang kambal.

Anica bitterly smiled when she saw how deep asleep they were, like the didn't face hell just before this. Her hands turned into fiat as she felt the rage growing inside her.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•