♡_5_♡

Leigh-Ann

It's been a week since the news about the marriage and I'm still as miserable as I was when I first got the news.

Tania had tried her best to help me get through the mental, physical and emotional pain I was going through with a bit of ice-cream and some hilarious stories about people at her firm but the pungent truth is that it wasn't working.

She didn't take the news well at first. She panicked but seemed to calm down right after. Something I'm finding very difficult to do.

I'm currently in my apartment licking ice-cream with Tania in the middle of one of her stories.

"Hello? Earth to Anny" she waves her spoon in my face and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Um yeah? You were saying?"

She sighs dropping the spoon in the ice-cream and fixing her gaze on me.

"Leigh-Ann you've got to stop all this sulking."

I keep quiet not wanting to say anything that will cause a fight between us.

"Think of it this way. You guys can get married but still go on with your lives. You can continue with your normal routine and he can do the same.

"The both of you don't necessarily have to be involved romantically. Just be yourself and do your thing"

I blink at her absorbing all that she'd just said. It makes greater sense that way. I could just live with him and nothing more.

But there's one problem.

"Trey. What's gonna happen with him"

She thinks for a while before she speaks.

"Tell him the truth. Assure him that it's just a fixed marriage and that you two can keep seeing each other."

I hadn't really thought about what I would tell Trey and Tania's suggestion sounds perfect.

Another problem though.

"Dad briefed me in on the rules and one of them is to keep this marriage thing within the family. "

"The same way I'm regarded as family, Trey is equally so" Tania says.

"Hmm alright if you say so. I'll call him tomorrow so we could meet up and talk"

"That's more like it. Now will you stop sulking?"

"Hmm" I pretend to be thinking.

"Nope"

Tania rolls her eyes then takes a spoon full of ice-cream and feeds it to me. The taste instantly soothes me and I smile at her.

The sound of my phone breaks the magical moment and I pick it up.

I don't know this number.

"Hello?" I say into the speaker.

"Leigh-Ann can we meet up?"

"Um. Who's this?"

"Jacob. Meet me at Déjà Vu in an hour's time. It's important."

Then the phone went silent.

I stare at it still trying to process what just happened.

"Who was it?" Tania asks.

"Jacob. Told me to meet him at Déjà Vu in an hour and that it's important"

"Oh. Are you going to go?"

"Hell no. He's an arrogant son of a bitch. Commanding me like he owns me. He'll see that it's not everyone who does everything at a snap of his fingers"