Chapter 5 : The Crown Game - Part I

Soon, the teams that decided to participate in the bonus game were transported to a circular arena. Each team was put in separate rooms, which were all connected to a large central room. There was a large throne in the middle of the central room.

"Now that the participating teams have been decided, I will explain the rules of the game." Lero Ro announced.

"In this game, there will be five rounds and each round will be of ten minutes. In each round, a maximum of five teams can participate. The team that possesses the crown at the end of each round passes to the next round, in which four new teams can enter. The winner of this game will be the team that has the crown at the end of the fifth round."

"To enter the game, all you have to do is press the red buzzer in each of your rooms. The participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wish to end the round early, a team member can sit on the throne and wear the crown."

"Remember, at least one member of the winning team must remain seated on the throne, wearing the crown. If the crown wearer comes off the throne or loses the crown, that team will be eliminated. If another team steals the crown and sits on the throne, that team wins the round."

"Also, due to certain circumstances, an extra team from another test spot will also be participating in the game. Now then, let's start the game. I will count to five. So the teams that wish to participate, press the buzzer."

As Lero Ro began counting, the participating teams began strategizing.

"Wouldn't it be better to enter the game at the later rounds?" Ho asked.

"It may seem that way at first sight. But I say we enter the second or third round." Jinwoo replied.

"Huh? Won't the defending team be at a disadvantage?"

"No. He's right." Lauroe, surprisingly, entered the discussion. "The defending team will only hold a disadvantage in the earlier rounds."

Jinwoo nodded."In the later rounds, the attacking teams will also have to contend with each other. At that time, the defending team will be the ones with an advantage."

*BUZZ*

All three of them were surprised that certain teams decided to enter the first round.

'Either they are too cocky, or extremely capable.' Jinwoo thought to himself.

There were two teams in the current round. One team consisted of the tracksuit guy, a swordsman and the lizard girl Jinwoo remembered seeing earlier. The other team didn't seem anything out of the ordinary.

When the round began, the lizard girl alone stepped up against her opponents. One guy on the other team rushed at her, but she grabbed him by his face and tossed him at the opposite wall. Another guy punched her yet she didn't even flinch. She grabbed his arm and slammed him on the ground.

'Looks like this match won't be that easy after all...'Jinwoo thought to himself. 'As I am right now, I don't stand a chance against her '

'But...'

A small vial appeared on his hand, containing a purple fluid. It was the potion he obtained as a reward for passing the first test on this floor.

'Looks like it's finally time to use it. Luckily for me, even combined the next few rounds shouldn't take more than an hour. What a coincidence...'

While Jinwoo was making preparations, the current round continued. Sadly, it wasn't even a fight. It was a one-sided beat down. And the other two members of the lizard's team didn't even have to do anything. She single-handedly took down all members of the opposite team, without getting a single scratch. The opposite team made a last resort move to sit on the throne and end the game, but the girl landed on the throne with a single leap and wore the crown, thereby ending the round.