Chapter 8 : Aftermath

Test Director's Office

The test director of the second floor, Hansung Yu was seated on the floor. In his hand, there was a cup of coffee.

Seated opposite to him was another person. It was a beautiful girl with crimson red hair and a matching set of eyes. But there was an eye patch covering her left eye.

"What were the findings, Hwaryun?" Hansung asked her.

"As we suspected. The boy who was registered as The Twenty-fifth Bam is an irregular. I couldn't see his fate. The same as other irregulars." Hwaryun replied.

"I see. Then what about the other one?" He further queried.

"..." Hwaryun did not reply.

"What's the matter?"

"... There was something strange about him. While his fighting prowess was unnaturally high for a regular on the test floor, his fate was visible to me."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Guides like me are able to see the fate of every person in this tower, except for irregulars. And yet, I was able to see his fate." She clarified.

"And exactly what did you see, when you glanced at his fate?" He was curious.

"... Death. Death awaits him."

_________________________________________________

Bam's Room

"So, how is he?" Jinwoo asked Khun, who was seated on a chair.

"He'll live if that's what you are worried about." He gave a slight chuckle. "Though it's still a mystery on when he will wake up."

"That being said..." Khun got up from his chair. "It's surprising to know that a member of another team cared to visit Bam."

Jinwoo gave a light smile. "Well, after his performance in the final round, I am surprised no one else bothered to visit."

"One person did, actually. Remember Shibisu?"

"That guy in the tracksuit?"

"Yes. He visited earlier."

"I see. Well then, see you later." Jinwoo waved a hand and got ready to leave.

"Wait. There is something I've been meaning to ask you." Khun stopped him. "Were you previously acquainted with the team of that red-haired girl?"

"The one who injured Bam? No. That was the first time I've ever seen her." He replied.

Khun looked at him for a few seconds.

'It doesn't look like he's lying.' He sighed.

"I see. Sorry to waste your time."

Jinwoo merely nodded and left the room. Just as he left, he saw one of the hooded people from the last round outside. It was the blond-haired girl. She didn't pay him any mind and entered the room.

Shrugging it off, he went back to his room and opened the system.

The rewards for completing the crown game were well worth the effort. He even unlocked a new function in the system.

[Function: Skill Upgrade

Certain skills can be upgraded by using unallocated stat points.

Max Skill Level: Lvl 10 ]

'While the function is great, currently I should focus more on improving stats than improving the skills.' The image of Ghost, Endorsi and Anak came to Jinwoo's mind as he clenched his fist.