Chapter 18 : Black March

Jinwoo couldn't believe his eyes.

From defeating just one enemy, he had gained a total of twenty-seven level-ups. And this was considering how it gets harder to do so with each increase in level.

And the rewards? They were even better.

[Rewards - Title : A True Irregular, 1 x Runestone : Accel Barrage]

[Title : A True Irregular

Effect: Skill costs reduced by 30%, Greatly improves Shinsu control, Increases Shinsu resistance by 50%, Increases Shinsu Absorption rate by 50% ]

As usual, he broke the runestone without a second thought.

[Active Skill : Accel Barrage
Level : 1
MP Cost: 50

A high-speed attack consisting of several swift, consecutive strikes. Can be performed with any kind of weapon]

'Looks like I hit the jackpot. A new title and a new skill... I suppose it's not that unbelievable, considering how ridiculously strong that guy was.'

But then, it hit him.

'Not to be greedy, but now that I think about it the exp I received seems a bit too low for killing him. And even though I have grown stronger...' He clenched his fists. '... I can feel it. I'm still nowhere near his level. But then again, how did he die anyway?'

'No.' He decided to ignore the doubts that were on his mind. 'I should now focus on helping the two princesses. From what the guy said, they should also be up against a ranker.'

"Uhhh... You okay there, Jinwoo?" He was snapped out of his thoughts by Shibisu.

"I think a few of my bones are broken... Give me a second."

'Accept reward - Status Recovery.'

And in a matter of few seconds, he was back to normal.

"I really wish I could do something like that..." Shibisu muttered. "The place where I was stabbed still hurts like hell."

"Here." Jinwoo tossed him a health potion. "Drinking that should fix you up."

"Oh. Thanks." Without wasting any time, he gulped it entirely in one go. "So, what's your next plan?"

"From what we know, another one of the rankers has to be with the two princesses." Jinwoo explained. "I am planning on going to save them."

"Well..." Shibisu took a glance at the corpse lying away from them. "You are the expert in that area. I won't be of much use to you, though." He lightly chuckled.

"Actually, there is something you can do." Jinwoo told him. "Can I count on you to deliver the news to the others? They might be worried since they suddenly lost contact with us."

"Yeah. I can do that."

"Good luck. I'll be on my way then." Jinwoo ran back to the entrance of the chamber they were in, before abruptly pausing.

"Jinwoo?"

"I almost forgot to tell you one thing." He turned around with a faint smile on his face. "Thank you, for not betraying me when you easily could have."

"Dude..." Shibisu shook his head. "Irregular or not, you are still a part of our team and someone I consider my friend. Of course I wouldn't backstab you."

"I suppose so. But still, you must be having a lot of questions, right? After all of this is over, I promise I'll answer them as much as I can. I feel like I owe you guys atleast that much."