Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The One With a Toast

"Riri, come on! Just for this day." I beg her.

She began sneezing. "Tarantado ka ba, Olivia? You know..." She sneezes again. "You know I'm allergic to dogs!"

I give her an amused stare. Her nose is turning red and as well as her eyes. "Ay wow. True pala. Hindi ko alam na pati ang batang hamog na gaya mo ay pwedeng magdevelop ng allergy sa aso."

"Punyeta ka talaga!" She swears, throwing the box of Kleenex at me.

Umilag ako. "Hoy!" I yell at her.

"Riri, sige na naman. I have no one to watch for him." I beg her. "Look how adorable Arli is. Matitiis mo ba siya? Fuck allergies, mag Claritin ka na lang," I look at Arli who's currently roaming around Riri's studio. He's so tiny and so cute.

Riri glares at me. "Putang inang—" akmang babatuhin niya ako ng unan, "Oh, oh!" I warn, throwing my arms out as a shield.

She sets the pillow down. "Bakit hindi mo ipabantay sa kapatid mong si Davina?" Inis niyang tanong while scratching her red nose. Napahagikgik ako sa loob-loob ko. She looks like Rudolf now.

"She wanted to, but they are currently out with her husband's family."

"Then just go hire a damn dog-sitter and stop pestering me."

"I would, but I don't have enough time! Male-late na ako sa trabaho ko. You know how my boss feels about time," Pangangatwiran ko.

"And you know that I'm allergic to dogs," she replies, shooting me her wide eyed stares.

I sigh in defeat. "Do you have any—" I pause when I hear a sound of a can, hitting the hardwood floor.

"Motherfucker!" Riri yells at the top of her lungs when she saw the mess that Arli made in just a fucking blink of an eye. I don't know how he did it, but two cans of Riri's acrylic paint are now knocked down on the floor and he's stepping on them as he continues to roam around Riri's studio, leaving a blue and purple imprint of his paws on the hardwood floor.

"I am going to murder him!" Riri exaggerately yells and before she can even stand up and attack my poor puppy, I immediately ran towards Arli to pick him up.

"Okay," I say with a nervous laugh as I look at Riri who's now turning red because of both allergies and anger. "I do get it now that you really are allergic to dogs. Thanks for your time, Riri, bye-bye." I frantically say before taking flash steps towards the door while carrying Arli with me.

When I finally opened the door, I turn around to face the angry as fuck Riri and says, "Say bye-bye to Auntie Riri, Arli." I say in a small voice as I give her an innocent smile.

"Gago!" Riri screams, grabbing the box of Kleenex on the floor to throw it towards me once again but I caught it this time.

"Thank you, Riri. I'll be needing this to clean Arli's paws. We love you!" I say, smiling cheekily before turning my back against her.

"You are a walking migraine, Olivia! Tang ina ka! H'wag na h'wag ka nang magpapakita dito!" Dinig ko pang sigaw niya.

"Ayan, ikaw kasi... bad dog!" Sabi ko kay Arli. "Nagalit na tuloy si Riri sa'kin."

Arli just gave me his puppy eyes while he cries. "Aww. It's okay. Mommy forgives you." I assure him.

***

"What the hell, Olivia?" It was Chino's harsh whisper as he looks side by side to check if there's someone on the floor that could see me, walking towards our desk with a puppy in my hands.