Chapter 21

Chapter 21

My Favorite View: You

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

That's the question that I often hear in school when I was just a little. I always wanted to be a model. That's what I would always tell my teachers every time they throw me that same question.

But now that I am actually a grown up, I've realized that the only thing that I wanted to be is to become genuinely happy.

Back when I was a kid, I couldn't wait to grow up. And now I've realized how foolish I was to desire something like that. Because right now I just want to go back to the little Olivia who would curl up against her mother when she's not feeling well and magically... everything's alright again.

"This tastes good." Archean breaks the silence between us. I lift my eyes from my plate so that I could look at him.

It was always like this. He's always the first one to break the silence between us. He always starts the conversation. Sometimes I wonder if his shoulders weren't aching from carrying the weight of our relationship for years.

I look at him, unconvinced "I appreciate your white lie." I say, smiling a little.

A low chuckle rose from his throat. "I am not lying. This tastes better compared to the spaghetti carbonara that you cooked a month ago."

"And you told me a month ago that my spaghetti carbonara tastes good," I say, squinting my eyes at him.

Natigilan siya.

"I guess sometimes I lie," he sighs, grinning.

"Then you are the sexiest liar that I've ever seen." I say, winking at him.

If I didn't become a supermodel, I'd be an actress. That's how I noticed about me after four years of marriage.

Because I am so good at acting.

Acting like everything is perfectly fine.

I have a perfect marriage, a perfect husband, perfect life. It's all good... I have nothing to whine about... to be sad about.

The way I could carry on with these kind of conversations with my husband like everything is normal would scare my therapist, if I had one.

He smiles and through his ocean blue eyes I saw a gleam of hope. I felt knots on my stomach at the sight of my husband, looking so hopeful. Hopeful that one day we will go back to how were things before.

I know he noticed the changes, especially when I was the one who is slowly changing. He was just too afraid to address it like I am.

And so we just let it be. We conceal the cracks on the walls of our marriage by acting... acting like everything is all good.

"Do you remember that one time where you were so pissed off at me?" He asks and there's a smile that has a hint of nostalgia forming on his lips. "I can't remember what we were arguing about, but I remember vividly how you walked out and a few seconds later, you stepped right into my room holding a spaghetti pasta and then you broke them right in front of me."

Napangiti ako nang maalala ko iyon. Sa sobrang gigil ko sa kanya, I walked out in the middle of our argument that I caused, I ran towards his kitchen and grab the spaghetti pasta from his cardboard and then I came back upstairs to his room, breaking the pasta into two, because I know that he is Italian and that would definitely piss him off.

He looked so perplexed at first and his jaw almost dropped but instead of screaming and being mad at me, he laughed his sexy laugh and said, "I would be so offended, but God, you look so fucking adorable right now."