Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Bravery Meets Bravery

I think I should just hide.

I want to smack my head the second I even thought about it... this is so fucking ridiculous. Why would I want to hide from him?

Because you're a coward. The part of my brain screams at me.

And it's true. I used to be brave and now I am nothing but a coward. I used to be alive, but now even just simply breathing hurts.

I used to be beautiful but now I am covered with my defects. I wish these defects were something that I could book an appointment to a plastic surgeon and after a few sessions of operations et voila... I am fixed.

But I don't think I could ever be fixed.

This is why hearing the click of the door opening makes me want to flee and hide.

Actually, if only time machines do exist, I would use it right at this moment just so that I could go back to the past.

Because apparently, the past seems to be always better than the present. And we don't even realize it until that moment is gone.

And the desire that I always have to go back in the past always surges a wave of guilt in my stomach.

It makes me look like I am desperate to change my fate and erase this present time.

And what hurts the most is the fact that erasing it would mean erasing him, too.

"Where are you going?" I pause, my feet stilling on the threshold when I saw my baby boss, standing on my front door. God, he's so tall he's almost towering my door.

"I'm taking the trash out," I say, lifting the black trashbag in my hands. "What are you doing here?" I ask, smiling at him. Just the sight of him standing right there in his casual Wrangler faded jeans and dark grey polo shirt makes my heart roar inside its ribcage. Not to mention how hot he rocks those plain white canvas sneakers.

His brows creases and as well as his forehead as he takes me in. "You're taking the trash out? With that fancy tight dress and those heels?" He asks, disbelievingly, ignoring my question.

"And why not? Dapat maganda ako parati! May mga paparazzis na ang aabang sa akin 24/7!" I exclaim. "Did you like it? Am I pretty?" I ask him, turning around so that I could show him my rose pink velvet dress.

He sighs while he stares at me like he has no idea how to keep up with me anymore.

My face crumples. "I'm not pretty?" I ask, squinting my eyes.

A grin forms across his lips as he chokes a chuckle out. "You are the prettiest and the most stunning extra woman that I've ever seen." He says and it sounds like he does mean it.

"Really?" My face brightens up again.

He nods, still grinning. "Let me take the trash out," he offers, gently grabbing the trash bag out of my grip.

"Be back in a few," paalam niya at muli akong tinalikuran. I just watch him with a silly smile on my face as he walks down the hallway, carrying the trash that I am supposed to take out.

Look at that prim and proper CEO and Editor in Chief of his very own publishing company, taking my trash out.

I went back inside my apartment with a smile on my face. I removed my heels and slipped into my fluffy slippers while I walk towards the kitchen to wash my hand.