Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The One With The Little Olivia

Six words. One question.

Would you go to Naples with me?

It's been four years but I am well aware that it all started with that question.

Walls collapsed. Hidden stories were told. To give light to one's dark past.

It happens so fast. Just like the first time when I got discovered, gaining massive fame from being a supermodel. One second, I was a nobody and the next, cameras start flashing at every single thing that I do.

That's how fast it was.

Unexpected. Swift. Blink of an eye.

Sometimes I wonder what happened if I just didn't go? Would that be able to stop the time? Or just... slow it down?

Dear Archean, times like these when I'm at my lowest and hopeless state... makes me want to regret that I even let myself get close to you.

But everytime I recall that night where you gave me a piece of you that no one could ever take away from me... that night where you looked so brave and so beautiful as you showed me a piece of you that you never showed to anyone else.

I am being reminded as to why I am still here... that through your darkness I saw light in full spectrum, bursting into different bright colors.

Everytime I recall that magical night... the pain that I am experiencing at the moment makes it somehow bearable. It reminds me of why I am still holding on.

I just hope I could keep on holding on forever...

I closed my laptop and wiped the tears that has been fogging my eyes. I looked at the digital clock on my table. I have two hours left to get my shit together.

But until then, I'd just close my eyes and visit every blissful memories that I had with him.

Every.

Memory.

From the beginning when he asked, "Would you go to Naples with me?"

"Naples? With you?"

He nods. "I have something important to do in Naples. It's not work related so you can decline," he said, but his eyes were telling me the opposite. They actually look hopeful. Hopeful that I might answer yes.

But before I could even speak.

"Is the baby's out?" It was Riri who was currently panting while vigorously moving her head from side to side, searching for Baby Garde on the nursery room.

I pulled her hair. "Gaga! Wala diyan! Nasa loob pa ng tiyan ni Davina!"

Sumimangot naman si Riri sabay tingin sa aming dalawa ni Archean. "O, e bakit nakasilip kayong dalawa diyan? Bell ba kayong dalawa? Tanga lang? Tanga lang?"

Sir Archean's mouth parted. He looks baffled and discombobulated. Kahit naman siguro ako ay magiging ganyan ang reaksyon 'no. Baka nga masampal ko pa itong si Riri dahil hindi naman kami magkakilala pero tinawag niya 'kong tanga.

Pinanlakihan ko ng mga mata si Riri. "Hoy 'yang bibig mo! Mahiya ka naman! Boss ko 'yan!" I whisper harshly to her.

I clear my throat. "Archean, si Riri— best friend ko," siniko ko si Riri. "Boss ko, si Sir Archean." I introduced them to one another.

"Nice to meet you," Archean offered a hand to Riri. She accepted it.

"Pagpasensyahan mo na si Riri. Kape kasi lagi ang ipanapadede sa kanya nung bata siya."