Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The One With A Big Fight

It's been a month and two weeks. Chino formally said goodbye just last week. It was just me and Sir Archean all the damn time.

Even if Sir Archean doesn't openly admit that he misses Chino, I know he does just like I do. There was even this one time where he pressed the intercom, giving Chino some orders, but then he stopped mid sentence when he realized that he's no longer here.

I know, they've been together through thick and thin after all these years. That's why I understand how hard it must be for him to adjust.

I fixed my cream colored long sleeve blouse that I folded just below my elbows and my tight dark gray skirt that had a slit on the side before entering Sir Archean's house. I didn't have to knock or ring the bell, my fingerprint is already installed on his scanner. He also told me the passcode, just in case.

I remember questioning him when he told me to memorize those numbers that he wrote in the piece of paper and strictly told me to get rid of it after.

"What's this passcode for? Your doors could read my fingerprint just fine." I remember saying.

He shrugs. "Just in case."

I arch a brow. "Just in case what? Just in case someone chop off my fingers?" I ask in horror.

I remember him giving me a blank stare at that time.

Napangisi na lang ako at napailing nang maalala ko. He couldn't still stand me being exaggerated at almost all things.

I walk towards his stepping stones leading towards his concrete doorstep. They were firmly planted on the carabao grass and on my left side was his minimalist garden and on my right was his driveway towards his parking garage.

His architect did well in designing his house. It was masculine, and minimal yet elegant. His walls are tall and made up of dark grey bricks that compliments well with his thick and tall transparent glass, where you can take a peek of his pristine white walls.

His house is actually big enough for him, considering the fact that he's living all on his own. This place would look more divine when the sun is out... but now it's just 4 in the morning so the sun is still sleeping... sana all, 'di ba?

"Good morning," I greet him with a smile as he walks with his grey sweatpants and thin plain white shirt with his hair still disheveled. The scenario has always been like this for a week now, but I still couldn't get used to how good he looks during the mornings.

He just nods. He's quiet, yes, but he is extra quiet during the mornings. That's what I've noticed from him.

I follow him with my gaze as he walks towards the door to go out and water his plants. That's what he does, sprinkling that hose to water all the plants from the crawling plants to his plants on the grey and concrete flower box. May sprinkler naman siya, but he prefers to water them on his own.

While he's doing that, I would prepare his suit and tie, the socks that he'd wear, and then I would brew some coffee for the both of us. I would even sometimes make some toast and then he would complain, "I don't eat breakfast." But then he'd eat the toast I prepared for him anyway.

Subukan lang niyang hindi kainin, maririndi talaga siya sa bibig ko 'no. Ayaw na ayaw ko pa naman 'yung hindi nakikita ang efforts ko. If you want to hurt my feelings, ignore my efforts.

While he showers I would try to entertain myself by arranging his already well arranged couch. There was even this one time where I watered his already watered plants and unfortunately, some of them died.