Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The One With a Nasty Stunt

Sir Archean was walking on the floor with Arli in his hands. I was behind them, following him until we reach his office.

Chino mouthed good luck with a grin on his face as he walks towards our desk.

I shut the door behind me and when I turn around, expecting Sir Archean to be on his desk, I almost jump in my own skin when I see him standing in front of me.

I discreetly held my chest as I give my bratty puppy a glare. "Bad dog. Bad, bad dog!" I whisper while widening my eyes at him.

The little drama king had the audacity to make those little puppy cries as he scoot towards Sir Archean's chest.

"He is not a bad dog. You're a bad owner for bringing him into your workplace," Sir Archean defended him, making my jaw almost drop in disbelief.

"What? So this is entirely my fault?" I ask, looking back at forth at him and Arli. "I remember telling him to be a good boy and not to get out of my bag!" I say in my defense.

"Oh, like he would understand," he scoffs. "And you shouldn't have brought Arli here in the first place, Olivia. You know it's against the policy to bring pets in my company," he takes a step forward, leaning his face onto mine, making me catch for my breath and my legs to still.

Naningkit ang kanyang mga asul na mata na napakalalim kung tumingin. "And you do know how I feel about punctuality, and yet you always come here any time you please and you even had the audacity to have your little chit chat with my brother— Archer, while I am talking in front," he harshly whisper.

"It's clear that you have no respect for me, for this job, and for my policies." He added, his voice was cold it almost numb me.

I open my mouth to say something, but then I end up clamping it shut again because he does have a point. I do respect him, the job that he gave me, and as well as his policies... but my actions state otherwise.

"Olivia, I've already said this once and I'm going to say it again... my company is not a playground. If you can't take this work seriously, inform me as early as now and let's stop wasting each other's time." His voice was low, and his tone was serious.

"It was just—"

He raised a hand, cutting me off. "I'm so sick of listening to your reasons, Fornari." He says, coldly. "You've been here for almost three weeks now, and I'm considered lucky if you manage to not mess things up in a whole damn day." He firmly says, jabbing his index finger in the air.

He's really sick and tired of me, I can tell it. I've been here for a few weeks now and yet I still haven't done anything right. Not even once.

I can feel the corner of my eyes, beginning to sting. It's just that... I don't know anything about this. Starting all over again in a foreign environment is hard, but I'm willing to learn... I just need some time.

"Ano 'yan?" Matabang niyang tanong habang tinuturo ang mga mata ko. "Wala akong sinabing umiyak ka... Sinabi ko nang h'wag mo 'kong dinadaan-daan sa ganyan," Aniya.

Before my tears could even fall, I immediately wiped my eyes using the back of my palms. "I'm not crying..." I lie, my lips begin to quiver out of my control, I had to bite it.

He clenched his jaw. "Good. Now go tell Chino to help you prepare the files needed for Friday meeting," he ordered.

"Yes, sir." I nod, still trying so hard to suck up my tears.