It's a date

The atmosphere was getting unbearable for Stevie. It was near impossible getting through with the shows and she couldn't be more thankful for almost a month long break from the tour that had started. She and Lindsey barely spoke, unless it had something to do with the band. Kristen had insisted on traveling with them and it made the whole situation only worse. It brought back the memories to Stevie of when Lindsey was seeing Carol Ann, how she would spend every waking moment draped around him. In a way, this gave Stevie weird satisfaction. Kristen had been married to Lindsey for a number of years and she still felt like she should let the ex girlfriend know, she was the wife. But once Stevie was back in the safety of her hotel room she would mostly cry, she didn't even journal that much, because everything she wrote down got ruined by her falling tears. When she and Lindsey were at good terms, it would be amazing. They performed better, they could talk to each other, comfort each other, love each other. As soon as something got in the way all of it was gone. Note one part, not half the things they would do - every single thing. 

Now, away from Lindsey, Stevie could breathe a little easier. Her luxurious condo replaced the hotel room, the sense of home relaxing her. But she didn't get back to her usual self right away. It took her at least a week before she could function again. She started writing again and a lot too, one heartbreaking poem after another. It made her feel better, opening up, even if only to herself, was good for her. Of course, a small part of her hoped that maybe, just maybe Lindsey would call, that he would apologize for the hurtful things he said, that he didn't mean any of it and most of all, he would tell her that he still loved her and he was hers and she was his.

Being pushed away like that by Lindsey, made Stevie feel horrible. She was older than his wife and she shouldn't have even compared herself to Kristen, but she couldn't help doing it. One morning, after taking a bath, she stood in front of the floor length mirror studying herself. She was going to be sixty one and for her age she looked fantastic, yet that wasn't enough for her. If Lindsey didn't want her anymore, it meant she had lost it.

On the other hand, Stevie couldn't stop thinking about Hank. Despite how they started off, she thought she genuinely interested him. After all, he did say he would have liked to see her again. She thought long and hard about picking up the phone, she still felt as if she was going to cheat on Lindsey by meeting up with Hank, but then his own words echoed inside her haid, she was a single woman, able to do whatever she pleased. 

Stevie checked the time re-entering the bedroom, 3:41 pm. She had time. Wrapped in her silk robe, with nothing else underneath, she walked into her closet, to pick out her outfit. The end of the night was pretty obvious to her, so she chose gorgeous red lacy lingerie, moving on to deciding what else to wear. She settled on a beautiful, black velvet dress, showing off a little cleavage, stoping just above her knees. 

By the time she was finished with clothes, her hair wasn't as wet anymore as fresh from the shower, so she went to blow dry it, curling it softly. Her make up wasn't heavy, some base and powder, eyeliner, her favorite brown eyeshadows, mascara and finally, a shade of red lipstick.

She undid the sash of her robe and it fell down on the floor. She put on the underwear, followed by the bra. She sat down on the bed to pull the stockings up her legs and lastly, fit herself into the dress, carefully, not to mess up her makeup and hair. She took one last look in the mirror and smiled, happy with her appearance. Only that she wished, she was getting ready for someone else.

"Well, look at you!"

"Hey." Stevie smiled, stepping aside to let Hank come in. He walked past her, but not without letting his arm go around her waist, their lips inches apart, but he didn't kiss her and she knew he wouldn't just yet.