BOOK 6 > Ch. 30 ~CATHERINE GIANA~

'God made you. Then He made me. Then He whispered MEANT TO BE.'

~radcupcake.com~

i...

Wearing her school uniform, Olivia Jean was humming a love song while strolling her way from the large gate of their Villa to their Hispanic-inspired old mansion. She spent the entire noon with Alexander after her last class, talking about what the future holds for them, carving their names on trees that stood to witness their prolonged kisses that had her wishing she could bring him home to her parents to tell them that someone is very much in love with her and that they are keeping each other. She knew that this was too much to ask for now. But Alexander Saavedra is her world and no one can ever take that away from her.

One of the maids opened the wooden door for her and she was about to greet her when from nowhere, Alfred, her personal trusted chauffeur, rushed to her side. He was wearing a worried look. Panicked even.

" Olivia Jean! "

" Hi, Sir Alfred! "

She greeted back, smiling with all teeth. The other man didn't reciprocate her mood. Alfred's relatives had been working for her family since the oldest generation and he was assigned to look after her since she was five and he was twenty years old.

Alfred looked at her, his eyes were telling her that she had violated a rule, he was frantic.

" It's already 10:30 PM! Where have you been?! Your--- "

" Sir Alfred, relax! You know where I've been, right? Why are you suddenly acting as if you didn't know that? "

Alfred was about to tell her something, his face was even warning her that she should stop talking when they both heard a voice coming from the second floor of their spacious mansion. Olivia Jean and Alfred snapped their heads at Christopher Montgomery who stood at the top part of the spiral-designed staircase.

" Olivia Jean! "

The patriarch roared at her, his authoritative voice echoing like a thunder roll on a silent Monday evening. She heard Alfred gobbling his own saliva just before he whispered to her.

" Your parents are back. "

She slowly looked at him while she felt the blood in her face quickly draining out of it. Her eyes widened at Alfred and they both knew that they were in for some serious trouble. She looked at her father again whose both hands were tucked in his pockets. They weren't supposed to be here for the next two weeks. Had she known of their arrival, she would be home by five in the afternoon.

Olivia Jean swallowed back her anxiety while she watched her father's face harden. Her parents weren't the disciplinarian type and she never had a moment in her life where she actually feared them because they'd do something drastic on her. In all fairness though, she may have done her own share of silliness being a teenager. But she knew her restrictions and she didn't go beyond the house rule. Except for secretly being in a relationship, she is a good child.

But this evening was rather exceptional. She can't read her father's mind and something was oddly off at how he was looking down at her as if he was going to smack her ass. She finally realized she was indeed in huge castigation and she found herself praying that her parents buy her excuse for coming home this late.

" To my office now! "

Christopher screamed just before he gave his back to them. She was about to move when she watched her father turn his head directly to Alfred. He was obviously enraged.