Chapter 19

Shouto woke up to heavy and irregular breathing, soft sniffles and arms tightly holding him. His eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the darkness of the room before he saw Katsuki clinging onto him.

There was a blanket over the two of them that indicated that Katsuki's parents had most likely gotten back and gived the two of them a blanket. Judging by the state the blonde was in, he guessed it hadn't been him.

“Hey, what's wrong?” The dual male asked, his voice laced with sleepiness. He had barely woken up but he was concerned, he hadn't seen Katsuki like this before.

Katsuki didn't reply, although the sniffles quietened down as he attempted to be more quiet to stop him from asking. He didn't want to talk about this, not now at least.

Bakugou had nightmares fairly often. Nightmares that had stemmed from traumatic events, being kidnapped by the league and the sludge villain attack. They had gotten worse recently, happening two or three times a week now. He hadn't actually told anyone about it though, he didn't want to be seen as weak.

He knew he couldn't speak to his parents about it. When he got kidnapped he was scolded for being too weak instead of asked if he was okay, he didn't want to be yelled at and hit for the nightmares as well.

Todoroki stayed quiet, he wasn't entirely sure how to deal with this. Dealing with upset people was hard, but especially Bakugou. He'd never seen him upset as far as he could remember so he wasn't sure what to say for a few seconds.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He eventually asked, beginning to run his fingers through the others surprisingly soft hair. He wrapped his other arm around him to hold him in attempt to calm him down.

Katsuki shook his head in response a little. He wasn't ready to talk about this, not yet. Although he knew it was inevitable that Shouto would see him like this again.

“Just don't tell anyone.” He managed to choke out. It caught the heterochromic male off guard a little.

“I won't tell anyone, don't worry.” He had no reason to tell anyone about this, he knew Bakugou had a very confident and strong facade that might not always be true. He wasn't the kind of person to spread gossip about people either.

The two of them stayed quiet for a few minutes as Shouto continued to run his fingers through his hair. He was trying to calm him down a little, he wasn't entirely sure what was going on but he didn't like seeing Katsuki this upset.

The sniffling soon stopped, the room falling completely silent. Katsuki moved so he could look at Shouto, his eyes still focused on the blonde. He just sighed softly and rested his head into the bi-coloured males chest.

He was seriously debating telling him about the nightmares, something he had never considered before with anyone.

“I get really bad nightmares. Ones about the kidnapping and the sludge villain attack.” He mumbled, not wanting to look up at Shouto as he spoke. Admitting it was hard enough, it'd be even worse if he was looking at him.

“They didn't used to happen often, but now they're happening a few times every week.” He continued. “You're also the first person I've told.”

Shouto said nothing for a few seconds before nodding his head a little.
“If you ever need to speak about them, I doubt I'll be going anywhere.”

The blonde just simply nodded his head in response. He pulled away from him to stare at him for a few seconds.

“Lay down, I'm sleeping on top of you again.” He ordered, wiping his eyes a little and grabbing the blanket.

Shouto did so, moving to lay down on his back. He watched as Katsuki laid down on top of him, pulling the blanket over them both once again.

This time, he was laying on his front, both of their chests pressed together. With the both of them waking each other up with nightmares, they hadn't slept too great recently. Sooner or later it would start to effect them, more than it already had.

“Goodnight Bakugou.” Shouto said, getting a small grunt in response. He hoped they'd get to sleep properly the rest of the night.