Chapter 22

Young-Mi's POV:

I was relieved after getting almost caught by my manager. I sat on the chair with a huge sign of relief. My heart was bouncing so fast as if it would pump out of my body and come in my heart saying you stupid do you know how much effort it takes me to beat so fast.

I took a sip of water from my bottle and settled my heart calmly. Silently back in my mind, I was a little blank-headed about what and how would I find that person.

I took out my phone and called Ae-Cha. The bell rang twice and she picked up.

"Hello. Ae-Cha morning!."

"Ahh, Unnie Morning. How did you call so early in the morning? Did you find some clues?".

"Where are you going? I can hear some voices from behind."

"Unnie I am off to school. Just on road."

"Hmm. Well, I came early today and did some investigation in my office in case I found some devices or something that would connect our office to tans."

We decided to use the word tans as our code word when we were to talk in public.

"Oh, so you got some idea? Who could it be? or something like a small initial lead?"

"No, I searched almost around every desk but there are no suspicious devices in here. I even almost got caught by my manager sneaking under desks like this."

"Ah, Unnie you should be careful. We will find some leads soon. We trust you."

"Well, just convey this small progress to tans and I will keep you updated. Be safe and reach school and focus on studying ok? I will handle this."

"Ahh, Unnie. Sure. You too be careful take care and eat well. See you then."

I hung up the call. I had still 30 minutes to my first meeting today. But I had to prepare the conference room and other stuff too. So, I decided to clear that up first.

I arranged all stuff and in no time meeting started. People had gathered before time and the manager had started with the slides and progress reports.

He looked a little uneasy today. He was drinking water and loosening his tie frequently which wasn't his code of conduct usually. It made me feel like he was nervous or was tensed.

I decided to ask him after the meeting ended. While the meeting was in the midst, a thought struck my mind. How about checking the scan logs of our own company?

It would have all the network traffic from where the connections flew and who did what and all. But wait how? I did not have the access to the scan log file. The idea that just emerged and seemed genius to me for a moment almost died.

Then, another thought just sparked up. I could run my own network sniffing tool as it was allowed as we pen-testers and we are not restricted from doing that as that's a part of our daily job.

But the problem is if I sniff the traffic I would only be able to grab the logs of what people are doing now how will I see the logs of some days back?

But I decided to go with this option as it might be of some help at least and good to start and better than nothing.

Meeting ended. "Ji-Hoonssi. Are you alright? You seemed a little anxious during the presentation." I asked.

"Ya ya I am fine. I had some medications today morning which made me a little uneasy. I would be okay as its effect subsides.". I nodded.

I went to my seat back and resumed my work. I opened my laptop and started my testing. I started a network sniffer and decided to keep it on for a day and come back tomorrow in case I don't find any clues or hints by end of the day today.

I worked side by side and time passed. I kept checking logs of traffic in between. But I could not find anything interesting.

Instead, I found a log where someone was watching "Friends" and I laughed. People have so much free time to watch shows and chill like this in the office and here I am working my ass off all day.

After some time something caught my eye. It was an interesting log that almost made me jump off my chair.

Any predictions what Young-Mi might have got? Any clue? Any hint or just something useless again? Read the next one to find out!