Chapter 28

Riley’s POV

It has been four years since I left Alabama. I am currently playing in my fourth year in the NFL. I am playing for New England Patriots. Luke is playing for New York Jets and Thomas is playing for Kansas City Chiefs. All five friends from Juilliard made it into different dance teams.

We have all agreed to meet up. Since I currently have a very inflexible timetable as it is the business end of the season as we are playing for the AFC this week. We are all meeting in my favourite little coffee shop. I was the first one there but the other five weren’t much further behind.

Sophie and Peyton are still dating but I know that Peyton is going to propose to her in the next few weeks. Conner and Brandon are still dating but don’t want to commit too much at the moment so they have left at as dating. Sophie has found a guy that she really likes called Steve. They have been dating for maybe 6 months.

Luke proposed to me last time the Jets came down to play us as we are in the same division. I know that he is going to come and play for us next season which is good because I am kind of sick of the long distance relationships. That was three months ago. The Jets didn’t make the playoffs so Luke has been spending lots of time down here so I get to go home to him at night which is nice.

Sophie and Peyton were the first ones. She was wrapped in black coat and warm jeans. She was bundled up with scarf, gloves and hat. On the other hand I was in plain jeans, t-shirt and Patriots jacket that was quite thin. I was used to the cold from being here for four year. Peyton was dressed in a similar way to Sophie.

“Riley, I have missed you,” she smiled as she hugged me.

Before I could reply the other three walked in. I got swamped by hugs and Skye hit me across the chest as hard as she could.

“What?” I asked but I guessed what she was talking about.

“See if Sophie can work it out?” Skye said.

Sophie looked at me all over. I stood there smirking when she couldn’t guess.

“I have no idea,” Sophie admitted.

“Am I saying or you?” Skye asked.

“I’m getting married,” I said.

No one said anything for a second.

“How long have you kept this?” Peyton asked.

“Three months,” I admitted.

I didn’t feel as nervous admitting it to these five then I didn’t admitting it to my team and I told them a few days after it happened.

Flashback