Shallow - Page VI

Y/n's stomach growled as she dragged her feet through the hallways.

Of course. She'd forgotten her lunch.

The (h/c)'s not upset because she'd spent a good amount of effort on it. No, she made a sandwich at 4.30 am. It was never going to taste amazing.

She's upset because going to the cafeteria is a huge pain. It's often crowded, and some students just don't seem to understand the concept of TAKING A GOD DAMN SHOWER before leaving their respective houses.

She let out a heavy sigh, and out of nowhere a familiar voice reached her ears.

"You guys know I wouldn't do that!"

Y/n glanced up to see Futaba raising her voice at her two new friends. In her arms were a lot of bread, around yesterday's amount.

One of the lunch lady was gripping her upper arm.

"If you pay up now, I won't tell your teachers.", old lady told her.

Futaba narrowed her eyes, losing her temper, "I'm trying to say--"

"Yoshioka, what's wrong?", Y/n walked next to her.

Just as Futaba was about to answer, another person chimed in.

"She wouldn't pay for those. Seriously Futaba, that's so not cool. You need to pay.", one of her friends answered in Futaba's stead.

'Long hair... What was her name again? I'm sure Yoshioka told me... Asumi?', the (h/c) slightly tilted her head.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she noticed Futaba desperately trying to convince her two classmates.

She stared at the brunette's expression. Before exhaling, 'Some friends they are.'

Y/n took her gaze off the girl before fixing them at the old lady, "Ma'am, there must be some sort of mistake, she's not the type to do that."

The lunch lady only rolled her eyes.
"Oh come on. There's been a lot of students like her lately. Those breads aren't even in a bag!"

The (h/c) furrowed her eyebrows, "But--"

"She already paid for it."

The new voice caught everyone's attention,

'Mabuchi?', Y/n gaped surprise that the boy stepped in

She wondered how she didn't notice him sooner.