007.

────── ✾ ──────

october 2002

────── ✾ ────── 

Theodore Nott has known Draco Malfoy his entire life ― it was like they were born to be best friends. Their fathers were friends and when Theo's father turned out to be an awful one ― Lucius Malfoy didn't mind stepping in as a father figure for young Theodore. The Nott heir was very different from the Malfoy heir ― the latter one was spoiled and smothered with love while the other one was barely acknowledged by his own father. 

The Nott boy was however spoiled and loved by the Malfoy couple. 

Rose watched Draco and she didn't like him a single bid. The second she saw him she had decided that he was an arrogant arse. 

"I can't believe it's you," said Draco.

Theo remained quiet.

"What? I haven't seen you in years and you don't say anything?" Draco continued, glaring at Rose like he was blaming her for Theo's behavior. 

"We should go," Rose muttered when she leaned towards Theo. "We have a train to catch."

Draco fought the urge to tell the girl off ― he has changed over the years, thanks to Astoria ― but it didn't make him a saint. 

"I'm sure Theo can spare a minute or two," argued Draco briskly.

Rose narrowed her eyes at Draco before turning towards Theo. "You said you didn't want to..." she reminded him. 

She didn't honestly care if they would miss the train and Theo would have a long conversation with Draco Malfoy ― but she didn't want Theo to do it to hurt himself. 

"Theo?" Asked Rose, wondering if he was paying attention to anything going around him. 

Rose's thoughts were about right ― Theo was not paying any attention to anyone. All he was able to think about was his childhood, the good and bad of it. He felt like a little child now ― tall for his age but very skinny, his black hair neatly combed and a tie his father had tied around his neck a little too tightly. 

He wasn't sure what to do but Draco was standing right in front of him and Theo couldn't help but wonder if this was a sign. While he had moved on from everything, a part of him still wants better closure. 

"The train won't leave in another hour," said Theo, his eyes finding Rose's.

Rose pursued her lips together.

"It's fine," assured Theo.

Although Rose wasn't convinced and knew that she was going to be cleaning after this mess eventually, she nodded.