039.

────── ✾ ────── 

january 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

After the holidays, it was time for Rose, Theo and Inez to go back to England. Rose was very sceptic to go back, wondering if the Malfoys will start stalking her now that they were in the same country. Theo was nervous to see this too ― he knew the Malfoys had tendencies to take things too far. May and Ellen had suggested that they should come to England as well for a week to meet Narcissa Malfoy in private and talk to her, mothers to mother. 

Rose wasn't too keen to this idea and expressed her feelings very sternly. She managed to make her mothers wait for a few more weeks before doing so. Rose still wasn't sure what to do and how to proceed the situation she was in ― she didn't even want to think about it. 

It was Rose's fourth day back in school when she and Inez camped in the school library to finish off some assignments from the day before. Rose was happy to do this and she liked how school managed to interfere with her thoughts but Inez just sulked as she wrote her paper.

"Fourth day back and Professor Sydney makes me write a five pages long paper," Inez muttered and wrote. "That's just insane."

Rose simply smiled ― she was glad to occupy herself with school work instead of her crazy personal life and by her crazy personal life she meant everything. 

Things with Theo were a little odd. He was worried of how his relationship with Rose was now going to change ― she was a Malfoy after all and Theo had a feeling that Lucius nor Draco did not appreciate that he was in a relationship with Rose.

It was funny actually, how the tables have turned. 

Then things were a little heated between Rose and her mothers as well. They weren't fighting or anything but sternly disagreed on how to handle the situation they were in. They thought that Rose should go and see the Malfoys, talk to them instead of freeze them out completely without having a real conversation with them. 

This however didn't mean that May and Ellen supported the Malfoys ― they still very much disliked them but they had to be the bigger people here or otherwise the outcome of all this will be ugly. 

"I'll trade. I can write your paper if you take my place as the girl with a very messed up life," said Rose and glanced at Inez who grimaced.

"I'm fine like this," she said.

"No seriously, want to trade? Because I don't know how long I can keep going on like this," Rose said. "I try to ignore it all but ignoring it won't make it go away. It won't make them go away."

Inez set her paper aside and said. "If you want, I will drive the getaway car. We'll change our names, maybe Thelma and Louise, and we will live somewhere far away."